Is the forum slow for anyone else on desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least turn off the search and file upload features until you get things figured out, and maybe restrict new accounts temporarily, i.e. stop things that crunch numbers and store new data. Then at least people might be able to login and chat.

In the meantime, I would recommend that everyone use an external service like imgur to upload sale pics and whatnot so that we can give the pathetic servers some relief.

This is exactly how forum communities die and turn into graveyards while the people turn to the predations of facebook and other bowels of the internet.

Give me the keys (might need the credit card too, just being real), and I will sort this mess out.

I see something similar at work when someone is running a wide open search and it is just chugging away resources on the database to complete the request. A reboot of all servers may help temporarily.

It's more often than not dysfunctional. Logging in very problematic, getting logged out also difficult, using search? Best forget that one. Posting pictures from imgur can take a while, quoting things? Sometimes refuses to do it then hoards up your quotes, liking things that seems to take time too, ERRORS all the time. It's like creeping across a minefield and it seems to make NO difference when you try to access the site even if you are on ECT or GMT.

The thread began 4th Nov.

This is simply not sustainable.

The quote was from 2020 and the clown emoji was an insult.
Which speaks as to how long paying membership has been getting service that is admittedly substandard. Sure, we could have gathered the legitimate meaning of the post without the emoji, but the point still stands. Which is the site is barely functional, and I'm posting this at 8am EST and it is running like crap right now.

Which speaks as to how long paying membership has been getting service that is admittedly substandard.
It doesn't speak to that post, this has not been an ongoing issue for a year and a half.

I understand everyone is frustrated, hell I'm frustrated.

It sucks when members reach out to me for assistance and I keep getting the 522 error when trying to help.

I'm sure paying members are frustrated when their not able to utilize a service they are paying for... I'd be pissed as well.

Allow me to be the asshole... you have the non paying members bitching about something that is free for them :rolleyes:, maybe Spark Spark should kick the freeloaders to the curb, if it improves site performance I'm all for that.

Had a clown start a different thread this morning in Tech Support, wondering when this issue will be addressed rather than just closing W&C threads out of spite :rolleyes:... it takes a special kind of stupid to think W&C is that important to the function of BF's.

I have no problem with members airing their grievances, but there's a right way and a wrong way.

I have people working on this right now and for the next week or so.

I have people working on this right now and for the next week or so.
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

I was a paying member before this issue, but I won’t pay for bad service. I like and appreciate the forum, and I’m glad spark is getting external help.

We definitely need more paid members.

I’m confident all these issues will be resolved in due time but it doesn’t make much sense to complain if you’re not willing to pay a few dollars to be a member so there’s enough funds to keep this site running and pay to fix problems.

Not sure if this is a new issue but I keep getting this prompt for liking posts.

Also what is this Cat ? 😆

LsOm6Y0.jpg

shK9Qn7.jpg

When I get the '522', I just click the back arrow to go back to the other page that I was on, then refresh the page, and then click to the place I was wanting to go. It's kind of a pita, but it's not that bad.
I'm not enjoying how slow the site is running, the Oops messages, and the 522 Errors either. But I've been quite successful avoiding most of the worst problems by using the "double clutching" approach that 000Robert 000Robert describes. It's less than ideal, but it helps me manage the frustration level. (And it makes me feel like I'm trying to actively control my participation, rather than just passively looking at another site or playing a game or whatever while I await my BF fate.)

That said, I'm rooting for a "real" solution ASAP. (Maybe I'm an incurable optimist, but I did renew my gold membership last week.)

- GT

It doesn't speak to that post, this has not been an ongoing issue for a year and a half.

I understand everyone is frustrated, hell I'm frustrated.

It sucks when members reach out to me for assistance and I keep getting the 522 error when trying to help.

I'm sure paying members are frustrated when their not able to utilize a service they are paying for... I'd be pissed as well.

Allow me to be the asshole... you have the non paying members bitching about something that is free for them :rolleyes:, maybe Spark Spark should kick the freeloaders to the curb, if it improves site performance I'm all for that.

Had a clown start a different thread this morning in Tech Support, wondering when this issue will be addressed rather than just closing W&C threads out of spite :rolleyes:... it takes a special kind of stupid to think W&C is that important to the function of BF's.

I have no problem with members airing their grievances, but there's a right way and a wrong way.
But as someone who has been here a pretty decent while (paying), the last time took in excess of a year to fix. That frankly is bovine excrement. It is NOT the fault of members for frequenting the site, and IMO should never be described as such.

Allow me to be the asshole... you have the non paying members bitching about something that is free for them :rolleyes:, maybe Spark Spark Spark Spark should kick the freeloaders to the curb, if it improves site performance I'm all for that.

Wow, from one asshole to another, boi is that that a great idea. :rolleyes:

The non paying members are certainly not the problem here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back