Is the forum slow for anyone else on desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If server capacity is being measured in GB, thats a huge problem.

Space added was in Gbs; it’s not the size of the whole server… For example, I have a 3.75TB Oracle 19c database running SAP. I added 50Gb to it myself last night to extend undo tablespaces to avoid possible performance issues. It’s pretty common to add file system space in Gbs these days, especially when the filesystem is measured in TB's.. Your statement seems ignorant of how larger DB’s and servers are actually managed in practice.

Last edited:
My portable hard drive that practically fits in my pocket is rated by TB and it’s 3 yrs old.
If the BF servers are that old, the processor speeds are most likely Fred Flinstone era.

Server storage and server processing are generally separate devices the last decade, especially with hosted COLO apps. You can't necessarily infer much about one from the other, much less age, based on how much space someone added to a filesystem or disk. It would be like me inferring things about your personal computer based on the size of your 3 years old portable hard drive.

san.png

I made a thread on this as I didn’t see this one already made. It’s because it wouldn’t load.

Site has been aggravatingly slow for some time now, with little to know indication to user that anything is progressing (sometimes a processing bar, many times nothing, and/or a 522 Error).

522 Error Page pop-ups even after a page loads (while reading a loaded page, 522 Error times out).
Also, Keep getting "oops; something went wrong" when attempting to add images (only 500 pixels wide 55kb size).

BladeForums 522 Errors-500Wide.JPG

Has there been any work to correct situ ?
Current status moving forward (hopefully) ?
~70 pages (x20 per page = 140 Robots) of Robots continuously/non-stop accessing pages ATM ... ?
EDIT: Over a few days monitoring, appears Robots accessing site typically outnumber Members by a factor of 2 : 1

Robots BladeForums-500Wide.jpg

Last edited:
I get the error now pretty much on every other thing/click on the site both on desktop and mobile.

Engaging with posts is terribly burdening as well. You’ll like someone’s post and the site with load for 45 seconds to process the like or to load new pages and sometimes after waiting an error pops up.

I’m still on here every day but lately it’s just been getting much worse and it’s not really making much sense to stay on here as it’s a waste of my time. Even in the middle of the night/morning it’s slow and I keep getting errors.

Really hope we can see a solution soon. Just going to trust the process and hope this is resolved ASAP 🙏

Site has been aggravatingly slow for some time now, with little to know indication to user that anything is progressing (sometimes a processing bar, many times nothing, and/or a 522 Error).

522 Error Page pop-ups even after a page loads (while reading a loaded page, 522 Error times out).
Also, Keep getting "oops; something went wrong" when attempting to add images (only 500 pixels wide 55kb size).

View attachment 1733851

Has there been any work to correct situ ?
Current status moving forward (hopefully) ?
~70 pages of Robots continuously/non-stop accessing pages ATM ... ?
EDIT: Over a few days monitoring, appears Robots typically outnumber Members by a factor of 2 : 1

View attachment 1733862
I get the oops error all the time as well. The robots outnumbering members doesn’t make any sense. I’m not a programmer but I’m sure it doesn’t take one to know that’s congesting the site and slowing it down. Idk. Very frustrating

Can’t even ‘like’ someone else’s post without getting an error. Of course that’s after watching the flashing yellow bars with fingers crossed.

6FoB9yt.jpg

I got a 522 trying to view this thread. Oddly I was perusing this thread to see why I was getting constant 522s...😄

For this site to be consistently having these issues in 2022 is asinine.
Especially on a site with a membership fee.
I have tried to be patient.
I want my money back.

This current slowness has been going on now for 3 months and it has gotten progressively worse. It took me nearly 5 minutes to post this.

3PbtBO5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back