Just got my first hinderer!

It is the "Iconic Grind"....... "IF" I could only keep one it would be.

I agree. I would keep the spanto too. Dont think i haffta worry about this tip ever breaking. Things a beast! Nice scales by the way i have been trying to find some like that but they are sold out everywhere.

I think you will find you will carry both knives (it is nice to have Both the Slicer and the Spanto) I switch off and on.

The Slicer is quite robust all the way to the tip - no worries.

Kyle.....congratulations......they're awesome......

Rubi.......love the sterile spanto......and you know how I feel about the textured ti scales......just a gorgeous XM !!!

Thank you, She is my Baby. My "First" Hinderer and we have some memories together.

This one will Never go anywhere (well, unless it's riding in my pocket :)) ALL the years I have had it, I only ever stropped it too, finally sharpened it a little while back on my WEPS it's CTS-XHP and is SHARP!

I think Kyle will enjoy his two(2) and end up adding ,,,,,, a Wharnie and a............. well, you know how it goes :)

Yep... I love my spanto. I like rubbing my finger down it feeling the curvature. Was that weird?...and Rubicon...you must send me that scale!!!

Nice scales by the way i have been trying to find some like that but they are sold out everywhere.

Unfortunately, the going rate for Ti scales is... Sasquatch riding on a unicorn. You have to bring them both together to The Ranch.

Personally, I think G10 and carbon fiber scales feel better than Ti anyway (in general - I haven't had the chance to hold an all-Ti XM). Most colors of G10 scales are quite readily available, and the carbon fiber ones, are, well, somewhere in between - they come by occasionally (I've got a carbon fiber frag scale on my 3.5" spanto, and highly recommend it - getting one of those is more of a waiting and watching game, not involving mythical creatures).

Unfortunately, the going rate for Ti scales is... Sasquatch riding on a unicorn. You have to bring them both together to The Ranch.

Personally, I think G10 and carbon fiber scales feel better than Ti anyway (in general - I haven't had the chance to hold an all-Ti XM). Most colors of G10 scales are quite readily available, and the carbon fiber ones, are, well, somewhere in between - they come by occasionally (I've got a carbon fiber frag scale on my 3.5" spanto, and highly recommend it - getting one of those is more of a waiting and watching game, not involving mythical creatures).

What im really looking for is the black frag scale. I have only seen them on monkey edge website i think it was and so far everytime ive checked they are sold out.

(?) ....... Just typed a War and Peace Novel on scales and the repetetive "DOT Blocker" message appeared and erased it ALL so, anyway.

Last edited:
(?) ....... Just typed a War and Peace Novel on scales and the repetetive "DOT Blocker" message appeared and erased it ALL so, anyway.

What is that DOT BLOCKER thing......this first time it got me was about a week-ish ago......now it gets me every couple days........and as much as I enjoy hitting refresh repeatedly and practicing my "flash sale" skills.........it's a little annoying.........

What is that DOT BLOCKER thing......this first time it got me was about a week-ish ago......now it gets me every couple days........and as much as I enjoy hitting refresh repeatedly and practicing my "flash sale" skills.........it's a little annoying.........

No clue, I just know it is irritating after you spend 10 minutes typing a post to have it deleted for no reason.

Hmmmm.....as my buddy Willy Shakespeare likes to say........"Brevity is the soul of wit".........

Perhaps DOT BLOCKER is here to teach us all a very valuable lesson........though to be honest.......the lesson escapes me.......:D

Hmmmm.....as my buddy Willy Shakespeare likes to say........"Brevity is the soul of wit".........

Perhaps DOT BLOCKER is here to teach us all a very valuable lesson........though to be honest.......the lesson escapes me.......:D

yep..

Dotblocker is... You know that car in the parking lot with its alarm set too sensitive, that's supposed to be helping security, but keeps going off any time someone sneezes? Dotblocker is sort of an online version of that. Something they're using to try to prevent spam on the forums, but it's set too sensitive.

I'm sorry it smacked your message Rubicon, I would be interested to read your novel on scales.

I've taken lately to writing anything longer than a sentence or two in a text editor (Drafts on iOS or MacVim on OS X) and then copy/pasting it into the forum, so Dotblocker can't completely eat it.

BTW, there's a thread in BF's tech support forum for reporting Dotblocker problems.

Dotblocker is... You know that car in the parking lot with its alarm set too sensitive, that's supposed to be helping security, but keeps going off any time someone sneezes? Dotblocker is sort of an online version of that. Something they're using to try to prevent spam on the forums, but it's set too sensitive.

I'm sorry it smacked your message Rubicon, I would be interested to read your novel on scales.

I've taken lately to writing anything longer than a sentence or two in a text editor (Drafts on iOS or MacVim on OS X) and then copy/pasting it into the forum, so Dotblocker can't completely eat it.

BTW, there's a thread in BF's tech support forum for reporting Dotblocker problems.

Rest assured it was inciteful, thought provoking and quite amazing, Oh well :)

Back