Linking pics stopped working

Trying since there was an upgrade yesterday ... no luck.

i-PGcGkvN-X3.jpg

Imgur seems to be working for the most part (I did notice one user who appeared to be using the “Linked BBCode” that was causing the red X), but it seems like photos from anyone using just about any other third part image hosting aren’t showing. Postimg, imgbox, smugmug, imageshack are the ones I’ve seen specifically.

Using postimg here, same problem. Since it’s different hosting sites this is a problem caused by the forum software.
I'm also using poatimages, and have the same problem. Very frustrating.

Is anything being done about this?

I guess I'll try imgur again, but I had bad luck with them in the past. Don't you have to download it, also?

I'm also using poatimages, and have the same problem. Very frustrating.

Is anything being done about this?

I guess I'll try imgur again, but I had bad luck with them in the past. Don't you have to download it, also?
Imgur works fine from the browser if you switch to desktop site mode

Edit: that's a comment about using imgur in general, not whether it works while the site is having issues

Imgur works fine from the browser if you switch to desktop site mode

Edit: that's a comment about using imgur in general, not whether it works while the site is having issues
Made another attempt. It doesn't work for me. I have an older Android phone, maybe that's why. Going to hang this up for now. Maybe someone will fix this?

I’m just curious, are you guys using this “Insert Media” button to post these?

JK5fvVj.jpg

If you don’t want that Imgur border around your photos, you can post them by inserting the image link here instead:

qr1luGp.jpg
I will try that.

I feel like there should be easier ways of posting pictures here. Especially a forum this old and this big.

Test.
Looks like it worked. It looks smaller, and the border is still there to me.

Once the pic is on imgur, copy the direct picture link (bla_bla_bla.jpg), and put it between [ I M G ] [ / I M G ] tags, (spaces removed).

I will try that.

I feel like there should be easier ways of posting pictures here. Especially a forum this old and this big.

Test.
Looks like it worked. It looks smaller, and the border is still there to me.

Strange that it still shows up the other way, with the border. It shouldn’t if you’re posting the direct link where I showed in that second screen shot. Anyways, at least your pictures are showing up, I guess that’s a win for now. :thumbsup:

Once the pic is on imgur, copy the direct picture link (bla_bla_bla.jpg), and put it between [ I M G ] [ / I M G ] tags, (spaces removed).

Like this:

eGudD5O.jpg

sJmI9u1.jpg

Yep, that’s the way you used to have to do it before the forum software upgrade. Inserting the image link it the way I mentioned above actually does exactly that, you just don’t see the code anymore.

You can also just copy the BBCode from Imgur (three down from the direct link in your screenshot) which gives you the IMG brackets, but those guys specifically mentioned using the app, which I don’t think gives you all those different link options (which is why I use Imgur in a browser on my phone, with the website set to desktop mode).

Strange that it still shows up the other way, with the border. It shouldn’t if you’re posting the direct link where I showed in that second screen shot. Anyways, at least your pictures are showing up, I guess that’s a win for now. :thumbsup:

Yep, that’s the way you used to have to do it before the forum software upgrade. Inserting the image link it the way I mentioned above actually does exactly that, you just don’t see the code anymore.

You can also just copy the BBCode from Imgur (three down from the direct link in your screenshot) which gives you the IMG brackets, but those guys specifically mentioned using the app, which I don’t think gives you all those different link options (which is why I use Imgur in a browser on my phone, with the website set to desktop mode).
Yep. I copy the BBCode and paste it directly into the message field.

FPJHrOr.jpg

It says right there, it's for "message boards and forums."
I post from an actual desktop computer, but it seems odd to not have that option in the app or mobile browser.

side note, I just realized when using imgur, it blurs my pictures when I post them. They are clear in my phone, but slightly blurred when I use imgur and post them. This is getting really annoying.

side note, I just realized when using imgur, it blurs my pictures when I post them. They are clear in my phone, but slightly blurred when I use imgur and post them. This is getting really annoying.
Agree. Plus by having to use Imgur, I basically give the rights to my photos away.

Back