Linking pics stopped working

Tell you what, give me the image hosting site names you are using. I'll see about setting up proxy bypasses for them. I don't need a ton of BS arguments

Yeah that's what happens when you don't host your own stuff, you deal with end user agreements. Wait until you see the terms of service for Apple, Google and various other apps you use without a 2nd thought.

Are you really going to get into an argument with me about generic statements? Because I assure you this is not a smart tactical move.
FOTKI

Fotki's response to me for the photos not working here was as follows, "Our tech team checked the forum links and looks like the forum's engine doesn't load/reload cached images. If you check the fotki media link that is assigned to that "broken" image, you will see a link that opens the image just fine, but for some reasons bladeforums don't fetch it. We cannot do anything about it, since the issue is on bladeforums side."

I use Imageshack.

But I also use the same Imageshack hosted pics on several other sites, and have never had this issue.

I use Smugmug for hosting digital content for multiple different use cases, work and play.

Will not likely change or use different locations for uploading shared digital files.

When I re-open the post in the EDIT pane, the pic shows. When I save it goes back to red X.
I believe that an image in EDIT is shown from the host. When you "go back" the BF proxy image is displayed. The proxy images seem to me to be hit or miss. Sometimes the image and sometimes the red X.

Bob

I believe that an image in EDIT is shown from the host. When you "go back" the BF proxy image is displayed. The proxy images seem to me to be hit or miss. Sometimes the image and sometimes the red X.

Bob
I'm computer challenged , so don't even know the lingo , but I've noticed that at least some of the Red X's will show as pics if you use the "Reply" button .

I have no idea what that implies about the source of the problem . o_O

I just wish someone would fix it ASAP ! πŸ™ Please !

Last edited:
I use bilderupload.org, which worked without problems until several days ago. When I write the post, I see the picture. I post the reply and nothing. When I edit the post, I see the picture.
Seeing problems with so many different hosting sites, I guess the issue is somewhere in the bladeforums software.

IMGUR still seems to work fine, at least my end....

TrlHNye.jpg

I only use a desktop or notebook for web browsing.

I've been using the same image host (pbase.com) since 2004.

My photos have been posting fine here since I joined the forum, until very recently (last couple of weeks) and now they all appear to be red x. I've randomly checked post history back to Dec 2020 and all of the posts with images I've checked now show red x instead of an image.
original.jpg

As with others, my images show in the reply box in preview and edit, and other people's images that show as a red x in the thread will appear in the reply box if I hit reply to their post.

I have a lot of non-knife related images that are posted regularly on multiple other websites, and none of those other sites is having issues fetching images from my image host.

Not sure if anything I've mentioned will help other than adding another data point for any troubleshooting.

I'm computer challenged , so don't even know the lingo , but I've noticed that at least some of the Red X's will show as pics if you use the "Reply" button .
Yes. That is what I was replying to another poster about: the difference between seeing a "Red X" in a post vs seeing the image in the "Reply".

I have no idea what that implies about the source of the problem . o_O
Not trying to imply anything. Just an observation.

I just wish someone would fix it ASAP ! πŸ™ Please !
Sorry, I'm not the one.

Bob

Back