"Made in Sheffield" 1830-1930, A golden age ?

Augie the Rodgers and IXL Barlow are fantastic knives. Great examples pf Sheffield great cutlers. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Definitely :thumbup:

It may not be either Sheffield or old, but I am absolutely mesmerised by your knife JD :thumbup: I've seen a few fake Rodgers knives, which were just as outlandish. In a way you have to admire the cheek! :D :thumbup:

i deleted it jack,wasn't pirty enuff....thanks anyway friend,jd

I do have a Thomas Turner though....I saw Herders,and remembered that one.
JD

12052397_511599625683152_6887217175540090197_o.jpg

Last edited:
Great thread everyone with some gorgeous knives, vintage Sheffields are some of my favorites. Here are some of mine, most have been seen in other threads but I think they really belong here.

Joseph Rodgers&Sons
IMG_4508_zpsspvfawqj.jpg

IMG_4509_zpscyzrsi00.jpg

Saynor Cooke & Ridal
IMG_4261_zps2l2tl6ha.jpg

IMG_4260_zpsvipjqoq5.jpg

Wostenholm

IMG_3837_zpsxwknpsa9.jpg

IMG_3840_zpszvtuovls.jpg

Wostenholm Barlow

IMG_3433_zpse3qqz5ks.jpg

IMG_3431_zpspb01toa8.jpg

Wow Augie !!!! I have to agree with Will in that the early Sheffields defined what traditionals should look like and I have to add that some of your Stag that IMO defines what good Stag should look like too.

Harry

A couple knives that used to belong to my Grandfather.

The pearl handled one is marked Richards so I'm guessing it's WWIIish and not from the golden age it has always been missing the loop. The wood handled one is marked Jonathan Crookes with a pistol and a heart and I believe it's early 1900s but I'm not sure. I've had them for 40 years myself.

Nice to see the Johnathan Crooked still has the Tweezers (or Pick). Being English and the Colouring - Would it be a safe bet on Mahogany? I would give those scales a good Bees Wax- can only do good- feeds the Wood- brings out Colour and just maintains.

Nice to see the Johnathan Crooked still has the Tweezers (or Pick). Being English and the Colouring - Would it be a safe bet on Mahogany? I would give those scales a good Bees Wax- can only do good- feeds the Wood- brings out Colour and just maintains.

Pick on one side, tweezers on the other. I'll get some beeswax and give it a light coat.

This thread has no doubt been one of my favorites to go through page by page... just some awesome knives!!

I have a few to add today and some more as I get the pics.. and thanks to Campbellclanman for suggesting I post the Wostenholm English Jack here which I recently posted in the Stag Saturday thread :thumbup:

Here are 2 Wostenholms that I believe both date to the turn of the 19th century and no doubt after 1890...

Wostenholm English Jack (1531) - 4 & 9/16" - lockback - stag and a very lightly (if at all) sharpened blade

Wostenholm Double Gunstock Pen - 3 & 3/4" - Ivory (I believe a fairly rare pattern to find from my understanding)

Thanks for looking...

Just simply STUNNING. Thank you so much for bumping this most important Thread with these spectacular knives longblade.:thumbup:

This thread has no doubt been one of my favorites to go through page by page... just some awesome knives!!

I have a few to add today and some more as I get the pics.. and thanks to Campbellclanman for suggesting I post the Wostenholm English Jack here which I recently posted in the Stag Saturday thread :thumbup:

Here are 2 Wostenholms that I believe both date to the turn of the 19th century and no doubt after 1890...

Wostenholm English Jack (1531) - 4 & 9/16" - lockback - stag and a very lightly (if at all) sharpened blade

Wostenholm Double Gunstock Pen - 3 & 3/4" - Ivory (I believe a fairly rare pattern to find from my understanding)

Thanks for looking...

Outstanding knives Longblade !!!

Harry

Thanks for the comments :thumbup: I have a few others that also may be of interest and no doubt belong here... just need to get a few pics and will add when I do ;-))

Nice Wostenholm additions Robin!

Exceptional Stag and a really interesting looking Pruner blade on your example S-K a genuine Pantheon member!

Thanks, Will

Back