Mini Pry Bars in Titanium status and pre order

Status
Not open for further replies.

STR

Knifemaker/Moderator
All this batch are spoken for at this time but I have a feeling more are coming.
By the way. I've named this little jewel my PrySTR.
:D

Lately these titanium mini pry bars seem to have taken on some popularity almost too much so because I don't know that I could keep up with the number I made since they seem to move quick.
I don't mind making them up but I am out of enough scrap and end cut off pieces of titanium in the right thicknesses to make anymore of these. I have six orders out standing as of the writing of this first post. At first it was a great way to utilize some otherwise scrap metal thats been laying around in my shop but since they need to be a certain thickness it didn't take long to use it all up.

Of those that are spoken for three are round 3/8" titanium from a separate order in another thread which I am only making this one time to test the waters so to speak. I only bought enough to do three of the round ones and they are spoken for so this is not a thread for ordering those ok? Depending on how that goes may play into whether I want to mess with more of them.

Now to the flat ones.

I am not going to do these flat ones exactly like the first one that I gave away to Lycosa. You can see that PrySTR here at this link by the way. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523900 But they will be close.

I do not feel comfortable copying someone elses pattern exactly so it will have slight differences besides being all titanium. I will offer colors that will make them attractive and easy to find if you drop one also which will set them apart as well as the lack of a split tip.

Also, I don't think that I can still maintain the $10 each price tag after buying the titanium today so they'll be different in price point too. Just one 12" bar of 3/8 round titanium from Halpern ran me over $35 with the shipping and thats enough to make three mini pry bars to the specs of the customer.

The sheet of flat .080 thickness ti is another story and its also higher priced than I thought for what I needed. I got it anyway and ordered enough to do 20 mini pry bars approximately 3.5 to 4" long 1/2" wide in .080 thickness titanium. Three of the flat ones are spoken for at this point.

I'm thinking in order to make me feel fine about doing this to take me away from my knife making and upgrade jobs that I'm going to need $15 each on these key ring pry bars of titanium to make them bend them, clean them up and bead blast them after signing them. If you are cool with that and want one place your order now. First come first serve. I can take orders for 17 right now. If you are late getting here it will have to wait. Turn around is not going to be super fast since I'm behind on work currently so pay when they are done.

I will post here when I get started so check back for status once I get the titanium.

Please post your request here for one don't email me.

I am swamped with other work but we can set things up so I know who gets one in this thread. I will contact each of you when its made and ready to ship out.
Thanks

STR

Mini Ti Keyring PryBars
1)Esav 1-avatar blue Paid and shipped out
2)Tgiannes 4- one blue, one tan, one olive green, and one gold Paid and shipped out
3)Masterchief 2-bead blasted, Paid and shipped
4))Fleetparadox 1-bead blasted Paid and shipped
5)Murdok72605 2- one blue jean blue one olive paid, shipped out
6)T.Erdelyi 1-BluePaid, shipped out
7)BDWS 1- blue jean bluepaid and shipped
8)Vance 1- olivepaid and shipped
9)Derek64 1- blue jean bluepaid and shipped
10)44Magpie 1- bead blasted paid and shipped out
11)Boggs 1-olive Paid
12)Lanza 1-blue jean blue. Paid
13)Oldfogey 1 bead blastedpaid shipped out
14)Friz 1- bead blastedshipped
15)georgemaggos 2- 1 blue, 1 khaki Paid, shipped
16)ImGatMan 1 bead blasted. Paid and shipped
17)Teacher 2 one bead blasted one blue Paid

can i get a longer and a lil bit wider one? say 5 1/2 to 6 inches i need one for my new backpack, email me if you can do it and how much thanks alot. i will take 2 @ 15 dollars the same way you did my others. thanks alot hope you can make me a jumbo :)

I will have to put that on the back burner. What I ordered is just enough to cover the number I plan in that size.

I can do one special but it will be a little later. I really need to focus on some of the work here. I've made some progress this weekend and today to get through this pile but its still a good ways to catching up yet.

STR

I'll take one.

Just to clarify: These are the flat ones similar to what you made for Lycosa? I'm a bit confused which you're offering now cause you said "I am not going to do the flat ones like the first one that I gave away to Lycosa."

Sorry for the pestering question, but I will take one nonetheless. Thanks for the opportunity.

Ok thanks guys. We have 13 orders so far. Halpern said the titanium won't ship out today so based on past orders from them I don't expect to even have the titanium to do these until next week but you are one clik away from knowing the status once I start them because when I'm done they'll be posted here.

2 spots left. I counted wrong earlier and forgot I moved Mastershief's two over from another thread and his two make the 15.

Thanks

STR

Just one spot left. After that I'll close this thread until I get them done so if anymore are wanted after this 15 is spoken for we can still discuss that if you missed one but we'll do that somewhere else.

Thanks

STR

Not going there. This is actually surprising me with the pry bars but whatever. I aim to please so long as I can do it. I'll tell you what though. I'm glad I bought a bulk of most of the ti I use for the majority of my work back in mid 07. Dang that stuff just keeps going up and up everytime I order!

STR

Just to clarify: Are these the flat ones similar to what you made for Lycosa?

I'm a bit confused which you're offering now cause you said "I am not going to do the flat ones like the first one that I gave away to Lycosa."

They will be very similar to that one yes. But I don't think I am going to do the little triangle hole in these or the split tongue for prying so in that regard it will be very much the same other than this. Doing them like that again to me would be too close to copy catting and I don't really want to do that to the folks making the steel ones. I think since my bars will be titanium, not steel, with no split tonque, and no triangle slot that they will be sufficiently different. I think mine will be a different length to so that just makes it that much more comfortable for me.

We can discuss it though. If demand for one aspect is high I may allow some arm twisting within reason I guess.

STR

Oh yeah. I'll drill the hole very close to the same as the one I did for Lycosa.

Once you guys get these if you doll them up or wrap them I would like to see some posted here too.

Also, you all might give some thought to anodizing a color. Theo I know what you will say, 'tiger stripes' right? :D Hey it could be done but if I have to take more time to tape off thats $.

Now for just dipping a solid color? Heck I can do that at no extra so long as I know what you want.

Light tan, darker tan or Khaki, blue, gold, hot pinkish mauve maybe, or purple and olive green are all possible colors. I might be able to play with it but bead blasting changes the brightness so each one will look different on bead blasted ti vs satin. Don't go bright on me though. To clean these up proper they really need blasted. Its just lots easier on me too.

Thanks again.

STR

Cool. Can I get dark blue and a dark olive with tiger stripes? If not dark blue and dark olive work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back