Mnandi: My latest Obsession

I missed that one by this - much, congratulations it's absolutely beautiful.
I wasn't going to buy it since I already have a Box Elder, but I couldn't resist as they look completely different, see pics below.

I'm waiting for a Mnandi with a bit of damascus and ebony just now. :):thumbup:
Pics when it arrives, yes?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dammit! Every time I think I want to sell my blackwood Mnandi you post pictures that make me want to take it out of the box and look at it again.
Your collection is unbelievable. I admire your passion.

Lisantica: you have a great eye for the best Mnandis. I love mine, but they really pale alongside yours.

I thought I would just bump this back to page one with a nice little raindrop and ebony Mnandi. Thanks to one of our CRK friends for this one. :):thumbup:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC09206.jpg
    DSC09206.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 931
  • DSC09210.jpg
    DSC09210.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 929
  • DSC09212.jpg
    DSC09212.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 930
Great pics, I've been looking for a nice box elder Mnandi for a while, preferably Damascus but will take a ss one. Does anyone know if CR isn't making Mnandis right now or something bc I can't find any anywhere!

The Box Elder Mnandis are popular and seldom last long on a dealer's listing. CRK is indeed still offering the Mnandi in Box Elder Burl, (Premium Inlay Option), and I currently have one on order myself. CRK informs me that the current backlog on Mnandis is about 4 months. They are working hard at the shop to cut the backlog but when you make the best knife out there the orders just keep coming. To be sure of getting one for yourself I would suggest sending an email to CRK, placing an order, and waiting the 4 months. There are some very vigilant and efficient operators on this Forum who keep close watch on all dealer listings. It is all in good fun, but one has to faster than lightening to bag a Box Elder Mnandi these days! :D

Thx Hermit, do you know if when you order one you can try to request a certain type of wood or I'm guessing you probably get what you get. Just wondering bc although I like all of the box elder I've seen, I really like the lighter shades of the wood better like the ones that are almost yellow instead of brown if that makes sense

Makes perfect sense to me. I would suggest calling or emailing CRK and check with them, but I believe you could make a notation on the order pertaining to a color shade preference. The folks at CRK are great to work with and I know contacting them direct will get you all the answers.

While waiting for my own Box Elder Burl Mnandi I thought I should have a Desert Ironwood as well. Nothing fancy or breathtaking, but Desert Ironwood grows where I live so it is a bit special.

DSC00068 by Desert Hermit, on Flickr

It is my understanding that Desert Ironwood is no longer offered as an inlay option. Could mine be the last Desert Ironwood Mnandi?

DSC00067 by Desert Hermit, on Flickr

I have enjoyed pairing my fine knives with the beautiful leather slip cases made by Arne Mason, www.arnemason.com. Thanks for enjoying my new Mnandi. :)

DSC00065 by Desert Hermit, on Flickr

Last edited:
You are so right, and I am glad someone besides me understands.
I have lived where Box Elder grows plentiful and I now live near the Sonoran Desert that is home to the Desert Ironwood, so both are special. :)

Back