Mnandi: My latest Obsession

Great thread! I ended up flipping the only Mnandi I had a while back, BUT,...it was for another Sebenza. This thread is making me want another one real bad.

My first post :)

Thank you to the fellow member (2Dead) for graciously parting with one of his recently acquired Mnandi's. I'm new to the knife world but already have a fondness for CRK and most especially the Mnandis. Not to worry, it will be well cared for......:) My girlfriend is even happier than I am because I'm no longer driving her nuts looking for this model with this inlay.

IMG_2162.jpg

I'm using his photo........(very nice photo BTW)

Is that a CRK thumb nick? I like it....it follows the lines of the clip. (edit) Oops!, this post was meant for a photo on the first page of this thread.

Speaking of clips and pivots for that matter. I noticed the early models have the larger post which protrudes slightly past the inlays. Any thoughts about the new style clip?

Last edited:
Wow, nice looking Box Elder Mnandi - I am digging the new pin and pocket clip that I've seen on others.

Last edited:
My first post :)

Thank you to the fellow member (2Dead) for graciously parting with one of his recently acquired Mnandi's. I'm new to the knife world but already have a fondness for CRK and most especially the Mnandis. Not to worry, it will be well cared for......:) My girlfriend is even happier than I am because I'm no longer driving her nuts looking for this model with this inlay.

I'm using his photo........(very nice photo BTW)

Those box elder's are real rare aren't they, good looking ones even more so. I spent a good 6 months searching for mine too :eek:

Wow, nice looking Box Elder Mnandi - I am digging the new pin and pocket clip that I've seen on others.

While I want an updated version, here's the one I have:

Beautiful! One of my fave Damascus patterns with my fave inlay :)

Here's an interesting one. Had an S30V version as well, but let it go...

Last edited:
Is that a wood inlay or mammoth? Sure do love the well used and loved look.

Lisantica -- It's mammoth bark. I'm with you; I really like the way the standard CRK pouches wear in after a while. It takes on the shape of the subtle curves of the knife, and turns out sort of like conformally coated plastic. Once it's worn in, it holds the knife very securely, and I end up squeezing the sides of the sheath like you would an oval-shaped coin purse to have the knife slide out.

Seeing the pics in this thread is one of the best parts of the day. The Mnandi has to be one of the best gents/ladies folders going now.

my 1st mnandi

CRK Mnandi
CPM-S30V & Mexican Bocote Inlay

xm4mzc.jpg

2v9rwnm.jpg

n6xjk.jpg

the panyard is thin (tether?) cord with a crk choil knot, works

About the new Mnandi clip... another disappointing CRK change, IMO. The new clip looks bulky and much less elegant than the original.

What benefit does this new clip provide?

I'm waiting for a Mnandi with a bit of damascus and ebony just now. :):thumbup:

Back