Most Iconic Swiss Army Knife

I'd have to say the Classic, it's pretty ubiquitous.

I'd have to go with that. As far as SAK's I've actually seen in the wild, I wish I had a dollar for every set of keys that had a classic dangling on them. Yeah, the tinker and champ get the glory, but in the real gritty world of mostly non knife nuts, I've seen the humble little 58's in every color known to man, and a good deal of advertising from pharmaceutical companies to car brands. It's the give away SAK. There's probably more 58mm's floating around on keyring, car glove boxes, desk drawers, and Altoid can survival kits, than any other three SAK's.

Champion. Because the pliers aren’t what make the SwissChamp or SAKs in general, iconic. If the last Champion didn’t stick around for a while, the SwissChamp would’ve likely been the 4th iteration of the Champion.

The books were actually better than the tv show. Craig Johnson writes in a very vivid style, and the literary Walt Longmire actually has a good sense of humor and the books are sometimes funny. And the TV show did not have Dog in it. Walt Longmire had a huge mutt, part Newfoundland and part something else very huge. Actually named "Dog".

Numerous times in the books, Walt has to cut something, and he pulls our a well worn old Case with bone handles. They probably used a Buck in the show for visual effect on film.

Very cool, I've never read the books.

They probably chose the Buck because of its recognizability, being one of the best selling knives in the World.

With the popularity of Longmire and now Yellowstone, I'm surprised there aren't more Westerns being made. They are probably expensive.

I agree with those who suggested the Classic. I personally own 3 and give away 1 or 2 each year to coworkers.

I would also say the classic. I keep on on my keys. When ever some one asks for a pair of scissors i always hand them the classic to save the day. I like the pioneer, but i have really fell in love with the tinker. Its thin but still packed with all the tools i need in a sak or multitool. Paired with my knipex i can get alot of work done and they take up less room than a pliers based multitool.

It was brilliant marketing and a great show for kids (with the exception of the anti-gun tilt) for teaching them to improvise. I think the final episode of "Psych" showed some SAKs as well.

I've often wondered if there is a tv series where a plier based "multi-tool" was one of the "stars"?

I think "Longmire" was a big Buck 110 user.
There has been a multitool used to defuse a bomb on NCIS. I believe Gibs used a gerber mp600 or something like it.

My favorite is the Hiker model. I’m in the tree business and the saw comes in handy from time to time.

I tried the farmer but it just doesn’t “feel” right to me with the saw being on the same pivot as the blade. I’m used to the Hiker and Camper profile after all these years.

But as far as most popular id agree on the classic.

Been thinking about this for a couple days. When I think about what non-knife people would describe as a Swiss Army Knife, it would have to include a Corkscrew, Bottle opener and Can opener for sure. So whatever has all three of those would make the list. My mind jumps right to the Spartan, then to an Explorer because of the magnifier.

I think the MOST iconic would be one of the ones Richard Dean Anderson used.

That show caused me to buy my oldest son, who is in his mid 40's and still has it, one.

They changed models a lot depending on the episode. There is at least one episode with a Wenger that had the small chain on it. In the opening credits of the later season, MacGuyver is using a model with the orange peeler blade to pop the top on a tube.

They changed models a lot depending on the episode. There is at least one episode with a Wenger that had the small chain on it. In the opening credits of the later season, MacGuyver is using a model with the orange peeler blade to pop the top on a tube.
IIRC that model is executive and it was the first episode where that clip is from.

Back