New XM-18 4th Gen

BTW, Rubicon, you were absolutely correct. I played with my 3.5" CF over the last 2 days, and am definitely keeping it. Now the 3" and 3.5" both feel right. Don't know how you knew it, maybe you are psychic.

Glad to hear it :thumbup:

Rubicon, since you're psychic, tell us when Rick will have some stonewashed Ti scales in stock! :p

I really like the pond scum, but prefer my smooth CF above all my colors. Naturally, a Ti scale will be the culmination of my dreams.

IMG_0059_zps0ff6d769.jpg

Awesome scale :thumbup:

I'm s e e i n g ........ I think...... I S e e ...... ahhhhh .................... "Hey! is that PIZZA !"

I've said it many times before, I like the looks of the smooth c/f but I'm a texture guy. It's always texture for me. Now, on a custom that might not get used / often, I'd happily rock it.

But inevitably, I'm a texture Ti fan. It's not as grippy like G10 or texture c/f, but it just feels so right on the XM to me.

I've said it many times before, I like the looks of the smooth c/f but I'm a texture guy. It's always texture for me. Now, on a custom that might not get used / often, I'd happily rock it.

But inevitably, I'm a texture Ti fan. It's not as grippy like G10 or texture c/f, but it just feels so right on the XM to me.

Its only a matter of time before I get to you N2K......I will assimilate you into my smooth CF collective, just you wait.

Textured Ti just puts the Knife right at the "Top" (Look AND Feel) - ALL Ti. ;)

All Ti!!!! Yes, once you add a Ti scale, the stainless standoffs must go...but my only set of plain Ti standoffs are on my all Bronze 24. Old news, I know....but no reason to change that one, she's dialed in perfectly.

Its only a matter of time before I get to you N2K......I will assimilate you into my smooth CF collective, just you wait.

I've got smooth c/f on a non-Hinderer. It's fine, but never an EDC piece. Now I make exceptions for some knives...for example, a custom 24 Spearpoint Flipper, a Fatty 3.5 Slicer or Spanto or Spearpoint Flipper, and a few others....I don't care what material's on the non-lock side...I'd carry these customs all day long.

N2k & Rubi, you shall join my smooth carbon fiber army! (I'm on the far right)

4-carbon-fiber-stormtroopers.jpg

Just as soon as I finish this coffee

6-carbon-fiber-stormtroopers.jpg

SteelFlame3.jpg

HindererCarbon_1.jpg

And I'm in the shadows on over-watch. My C/F is in unlaminated and unbaked sheets in the free flowing spirit of a ghillie suit.

The Hinderer crew can make a lot of scales out of those storm trooper suits.

Do I get one of those? I have a smooth CF again, this time on my 3". :p

Carbon fiber is a winner. I love the Ti scales but carbon fiber is really good, smooth or textured.

I will gladly Join the Army of the CF Scale (those Guys have some smokin' Gear) No "Bad" choices for XM scales, that's for sure.

Back