One Stop Knife Shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mossyhorn

Enlightened Rogue
BANNED
Yesterday I attempted to upgrade to a gold membership. Every time I hit submit, I would get kicked back to the start page with bold red letters claiming that the card could not be processed. Later I checked and there was a $25.00 hold on my card from The One Stop Knife Shop. I never bought anything from them. I guess they have to be connected to bladeforums. I just want the membership I paid for. I don't care who holds the money. Today I see that my email bounced. It worked fine for the conformation number.

One Stop Knife Shop is Spark's knife business, which supports Bladeforums.

You will have to wait for him to respond to this to work out why the card didn't go through.

Well then, Spark is a very generous man. I will await his reply and thank you.

Still no reply. I changed my email,confirmed it and still have not had my membership upgraded from registered user to gold member.

You put in the wrong billing address for your credit card, hence the failure to go through. Put in the correct billing address and try it again. The "charge" you are seeing is an authorization hold that your bank put on the account when we attempted to process the payment. Since the address was wrong, the payment did not go through. Your bank will release the hold in 3-4 business days after the initial attempt.

Come on man. At 1:30 in the afternoon on a Friday, you post your complaint. At 4:30AM on Monday, you complain that you haven't received a response? There is this thing called "the weekend." You have to allow more than 3 1/2 business hours.

The weekend thing is over. Your system still did not confirm order. I knew the info was right the first time. You are receiving way too many complaints about this. You should probably look into it. Weekend thing . Maybe I'll try to use that one some time. I completely understand hold on cards. Rejecting them and then charging them is a new angle.

You need to relax. Spark is only one man. No one else confirms orders and updates memberships. When there are quite a few people who purchase memberships they are most likely updated in the order in which they are received. At times you may have to wait up to a week. He prorates the membership to when it's activated and not when you are charged. Be patient.

That kind of reply I understand. I just spoke with my bank and they said there was no problem with address or funds in my account. If there is a problem on your end then just say so. I have no problem waiting.

Look. This is the response code that was generated:
x_response_code 2
x_response_subcode 2
x_response_reason_code 27
x_response_reason_text The transaction resulted in an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.
x_auth_code 771366
x_avs_code B
x_trans_id 2862650656
x_invoice_num mossyhorn

You see that part that says you put in the wrong address? I don't care what your bank told you on the phone. You put in information that's different than what they have in their system. Either the malfunction is on your end, or theirs, either way, it isn't my fault so I don't appreciate the attitude.

You need to figure out the correct billing address, and enter in the right information. Then, and only then, will your membership go through.

I wouldn't get too worked up over it. Try it again typing the info in exactly as it's written on your statement. I'm sure Spark would be happy to upgrade your membership and isn't looking for an "angle"... :)

I am not accusing Spark of anything. I provided the correct information and if card was rejected then take it off hold. That seems like the right thing to do.

It generally takes a few days for the hold to fall off.

Last edited:
I am aware of that. Thanks. I have taken cc cards myself. If it doesn't match it doesn't go through and there is no hold. The information is correct. If it kicked it out and I was told to keep re-entering then it definitely would stop authorization.

I don't know how many more times I can keep explaining this. I even included the damn error messages

I DON'T HAVE YOUR MONEY ON HOLD. YOUR BANK DOES. LOOK, HERE IS EVEN A WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE ON IT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_hold
A debit card works slightly differently. Similar to the previous example, if one has a balance of $100 in the bank and used a debit card to make a purchase at a retail store for $30, then his available balance will immediately decrease to $70 as a hold on the $30 is enacted. This is because the merchant has obtained an authorization from the individual's bank by swiping the card through its credit card terminal. However, the actual balance with the bank is still $100, because the merchant has not actually collected the funds in question.[/b[ However, unless this authorization hold expires without being finalized the user cannot access that part of their account. The actual balance will not be reduced until the merchant submits their batch of transactions and the banking system transfers the funds.

And yes, we've dealt with this before. We even have something in FAQ mentioning AVS: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=decline&match=all&titlesonly=0

We've been taking memberships for years. We've dealt with AVS issues for years. You used an automated system - I have nothing to do with your transaction.

Hell, drilling down even further, it looks like your bank has flagged further transactions with us and won't let you use your card for this until you call them. The first two transactions show AVS errors. The third one you tried (2/25), you actually put in the correct information -
Transaction ID: 2862710838
Transaction Status: Declined (Card declined by issuer - Contact card issuer to determine reason.)
Address Verification Status: Street Address: Match Zip: Matched first 5 digits (Y)
But your bank declined it, probably because their fraud setup saw multiple attempts by us.

The fourth time that you tried on 3/1, your bank did the same thing on.

Sorry man, but this is out of my hands. The first two times was you putting in incorrect address info, your bank is stopping things now and needs to be contacted to allow the transaction to go through.

I've heard good things about one stop knife shop as an actually business.

But their website is lacking. They keep out of stock knives up on their site for months after they sell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back