Politics and sig blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter, they have you to get offended for them. Must be loads of groups and demographics you do the getting-offended for.

Thank you. I happen to take pride in not sitting quietly while entire religions are insulted and demeaned. That sort behavior has proven itself historically "problematic." You should try it.

As elections near it seems the ones that frequent the Political Forum always have a hard time keeping their views in the appropriate forum. Happens with every election cycle.
Its only going to get worse if not stopped now(IMO).

This person got a warning for breaking forum rules, but is still putting this in every post.....
Maybe he didn't know what rule he broke ???

Wow, Cody! that's 1 of the coolest CRK's I've ever seen. Enjoy, I don't blade you for not wanting to use it.

I'm sure I couldn't use it either.

Bumper Sticker..................................Image of Obama................................

I Put America In The Toilet

Vote For Hillary

She'll Pulll The Handle

Not happening when you're not around.

He's not the only one that doesn't care to see it, I'm sure. But I'm certainly not going to debate with you about the matter. Most won't mention it for fear of getting dragged into a political debate with you.
As I said, not looking for a debate. Just letting you know he's not the only one that thinks it shouldn't be allowed out of the PA.
If the Supermods decide it's fine, then end of story. Take care.

Thank you. I happen to take pride in not sitting quietly while entire religions are insulted and demeaned.
You won't notice 'entire religions are insulted and demeaned' because you'll be too busy being offended at faux-bigotry. But that could well be the whole point of the exercise.

You won't notice 'entire religions are insulted and demeaned' because you'll be too busy being offended at faux-bigotry. But that could well be the whole point of the exercise.

Wow. :eek: If you don't see the irony of that statement, then clearly there is no further point in even speaking to you.

I'll leave it to the mods if your claims are 1) bigotry and should be removed; 2) political and should stay in PA; 3) or both.

Wow.

As elections near it seems the ones that frequent the Political Forum always have a hard time keeping their views in the appropriate forum. Happens with every election cycle.
Its only going to get worse if not stopped now(IMO).
I have no idea where the 'election cycle' came from. My signatures have nothing to do with it.

As I said, not looking for a debate. Just letting you know he's not the only one that thinks it shouldn't be allowed out of the PA.
If the Supermods decide it's fine, then end of story. Take care.
Thank you for your opinion. Just for the record, do you just think it should be limited to PA, or do you also agree with marcinek that it's racist or bigoted?

So that's OK?
I could come up with one that is insulting to Jews, to see if it gets the same reaction. But I really don't want to argue or offend anyone.
You miss my point. I wouldn't use that line about Abraham because it would be insulting to Muslims, although I love the line. I would make that point in PA but not as a sig because Muslims' sensitivities are just as important as anyone else's and why the Hell would we want to alienate any segment of the Knife Community?

This is, believe it or not, a business. Spark, wisely or unwisely ( unwisely) has entrusted its smooth running to Mods and superMods and conscientious members. He's not in business to offend people, at least not gratuitously. Free speech has to take a back seat to decency and being businesslike, and that's why we have PA: to keep the inflammatory stuff confined to a well regulated zoo.

This thread itself is starting to get people at each other's throats, which is really not productive, is it?
I think everyone has had a fair say, and far be it from me to tell people what to say or how much ( outside PA). Again, not my intent.
But can't we let the Supers etc discuss this more privately without all the heat and bad feelings?

Again, for the record I guess ( hello NSA!), Phil is no racist. If you want to discuss his views with him over on PA he will make sensible arguments for his opinions and although some are just wrong ( in my opinion) they are far from kneejerk hate, although in a sig line alone you easily could get the wrong impression.
I'm against the second one about all Muslims being quiescent and against the Abraham/Zionist one too, much as I love that one, simply out of courtesy for the feelings of our Muslim or potential Muslim members and friends, and as a matter of good business.

And with that, I've said my piece.

I have no idea where the 'election cycle' came from. My signatures have nothing to do with it.

*sigh*
I guess you didn't notice that post was OVER the quote(not yours) I was referring to, and it was not directed at you at all.
What I put UNDER YOUR quote was all that was directed at you.
I think you know that though, but if you didn't take another look.
Take care.

This thread itself is starting to get people at each other's throats, which is really not productive, is it?
I think everyone has had a fair say, and far be it from me to tell people what to say or how much ( outside PA). Again, not my intent.
But can't we let the Supers etc discuss this more privately without all the heat and bad feelings?

And with that, I've said my piece.

Point taken. I'm out, and let the gods decide. :thumbup:

If not to insult and troll, why have the subject of your quotes on a knife forum be Islam, Muhammed and muslims? Possibly to show how clever you are?

Plus, only Yogi Berra can get away with quoting himself :)

I use the same test Kiah proposes: what if the term Jew, Christian or Black were substituted - would it be offensive then?

Yes, if the quote was contextualized towards common stereotypes of those groups it would be offensive and would have come down long ago. I say keep the political BS in PA and the religious bigotry out of here all together. Just like I hate it when on Sports Talk Radio they try to make a political point I don't need to see this crap when I want to talk knives.

4EXfREW.jpg

bodog being bodog.

I thought it was pretty clear. A guy who's now acting all offended is quite often the same one who bullies and trolls himself. Pot calling the kettle black. I think marcinek does this stuff for fun. Talking about these non-issues with sig lines, other threads about random and scarce curse words outside of whine and cheese. He's playing people. He gets offended by the lightest touch but will relentlessly bully other people himself, even brand new people who ask simple questions out of obvious ignorance. It's not hard to see that he's playing most of you.

Do I need to break the actual statement down? He claims to be all for political correctness and inclusion but never fails to bully and isolate anyone he wishes, for any or no reason. The mods don't stop it. It's obvious trolling. There's not an honest, decent agenda with the guy. I'm wondering if there's an honest, decent agenda with a lot of people on this forum. Tell the truth, have thick skin, and be as forgiving as you want people to be to you. It seems like that's a lost art.

To the point though, there's obviously nothing truly wrong with the sig line of that one guy. A moderate Muslim IS a passive, inactive muslim. A moderate ANYTHING is a passive, inactive version. That's pretty much what moderate means. Anything could be put in there. Hell, a person who only moderately loves their kids is someone who passively loves their kids, etc etc.

There's nothing to be offended about but he damn sure makes it his goal to screw with this one specific person by trying to rally others to persecute him.

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty clear. A guy who's now acting all offended is quite often the same one who bullies and trolls himself. Pot calling the kettle black. I think marcinek does this stuff for fun. Talking about these non-issues with sig lines, other threads about random and scarce curse words outside of whine and cheese. He's playing people. He gets offended by the lightest touch but will relentlessly bully other people himself, even brand new people who ask simple questions out of obvious ignorance. It's not hard to see that he's playing most of you.

Do I need to break the actual statement down? He claims to be all for political correctness and inclusion but never fails to bully and isolate anyone he wishes, for any or no reason. The mods don't stop it. It's obvious trolling. There's not an honest, decent agenda with the guy. I'm wondering if there's an honest, decent agenda with a lot of people on this forum. Tell the truth, have thick skin, and be as forgiving as you want people to be to you. It seems like that's a lost art.

To the point though, there's obviously nothing truly wrong with the sig line of that one guy. A moderate Muslim IS a passive, inactive muslim. A moderate ANYTHING is a passive, inactive version. That's pretty much what moderate means. Anything could be put in there. Hell, a person who only moderately loves their kids is someone who passively loves their kids, etc etc.

There's nothing to be offended about but he damn sure makes it his goal to screw with this one specific person by trying to rally others to persecute him.

tinfoil_hat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back