Reputation points.

It's very obvious that you have a double standard.

Your opinion.

You were being a jerk in your reply to averageguy. Because you were a jerk I dinged you. Not because i didn't like your opinion.

Your opinion. And it's my opinion that you're a pot stirring a-hole.

For a mod you certainly have some growing up to do.

Once again.....your opinion.

Also.....for one that doesn't care abour rep points you sure do have a lot of them and also take offense when someone dings you.

I have them because I earned them. I have also been here alot longer than you, I post more than you, and I don't whine and cry that no one is giving them to me. I said it once and I'll say it again....I DON'T CARE! My rep is intact in this forum with or without the system. And for the record you are only the 4th person I dinged negatively.

My avatars? This topic has been brought up and smacked down faster than it started. There are far more offensive avatars out there than mine. Have you seen the one with the gun pointed in your face? Nice looking women or guns in your face? Should be a simple choice. :rolleyes:

The entire rep points system is based on opinion......so get over yourself K.V. Collucci. :D Hahahhahahahhaha

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah.......

Just a random thought......mebbe if some of y'all weren't such poo bags, ya might a reason to b*tch about rep. Seems to me that ya reap what ya sow.
What ever happened to taking responsability for your actions? Don't like the reaction/rep you are getting? Might take a look at why that is. Don't like the rep system? Don't pay any mind to it. I'm seeing a bunch of little crybabies here who have penile envy. Like a damn daycare or somethin' "MR. K.V., MR. K.V.....JIMMY HAS MORE BLOCKS THAN ME AND IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!" sheesh......:rolleyes:

averageguy said:
You're a poo bag with a big mouth.
LMAO! Seems something hit a little too close to home for you, huh? :D
Not only am I a poo bag with a big mouth, I also have lots of chicklets so I understand your holstile attitude/envy. Clearly you are the victim of a partial and cold system, so no hard fellings huh? :p

Holy crap! We're doing this again? :confused:

This ain't ebay where a few negs can ruin your reputation. Nobody else can see them unless you get SO MANY from SO MANY diffferent people that it turns your dot red and I've never seen anyone get one of those without trying.

I don't give negs at all anymore. Not worth the headaches. ;)
And when I get one I just roll my eyes, shake my head
and forget about it 10 seconds later. :)

Now, I just use it to thank people for answering my questions, etc.

Why are the biggest whiners here at BFC people who refuse to purchase a supporting membership?

Think what you will about the rep system. The facts are that until the software is updated (and that takes money, like from paid memberships) the rep system remains as is.

However, you might consider calling Spark on the telephone, identify yourself, and tell him first hand what you think of his rep system. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you. His number is 1-502-671-5510 . He is there from 10 AM until 6PM Eastern time.

CODE 3 said:
However, you might consider calling Spark on the telephone, identify yourself, and tell him first hand what you think of his rep system. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you. His number is 1-502-671-5510 . He is there from 10 AM until 6PM Eastern time.
Any chance of getting a recording of that phone conversation? I'm sure it would be rather interesting ..... :)

"Not only am I a poo bag with a big mouth, I also have lots of chicklets so I understand your holstile attitude/envy."

I have no envy, which would be clear if you had read the entire thread. There is no good reason for this system and plenty of reasons for not having it. Your post was just an opportunity to be a pr*ck.

"However, you might consider calling Spark on the telephone, identify yourself, and tell him first hand what you think of his rep system. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you. His number is 1-502-671-5510 . He is there from 10 AM until 6PM Eastern time."

I'm sure he can read. If he or anyone else can fashion an argument identifying what benefit this system has - then post here. I am William Holder. My number is in the phone book.

I agree with Mike. If you really enjoy this forum become a paying member and help support it. A basic member is only ten bucks. If you don't like the rep system just ignore it instead of complaining like a bunch of wussies.
Scott

I don't understand what the big deal is here. Seriously.

In the 6 or 7 months I have been here I have disagreed with the majority on basically every major issue that I became involved in. but I tried to conduct myself well and my reputation didn't suffer for it. In fact, I would say I gained reputation here (and I'm not referring just to chiclets here, thats just a symbol).

I think the sour grape taste must be too palpable so certain people felt a pot stirring was in order.

"If you don't like the rep system just ignore it instead of complaining like a bunch of wussies."

Because you're not intelligent enough to fashion an argument in support of this Bull sh*t system you resort to calling people wussies.

That's easy enough - you're morons. See, that doesn't take a lot of thought.

I purchased a membership last year and may do so again in the future, However it has no bearing on the usefullness of this system.

Is there any place where I can find the "translations" between the chicklets and the reputation rating?

I know the ones in the lower ranges, pretty well...

-50 to -100 is "can only hope to improve"

-10 to -49 is "has had some shameful behavior in the past"

-9 to +9 is "an unknown quantity at this point"

+10 to +50 is "on a distinguished road"

+50 to +100 is "will become famous soon enough"

What are the other "milestones" and what is the phrase that correlates to them?

Cougar_Allen, T. Erdelyi, and fulloflead are "a splendid one to behold"

K.V. Collucci and m1marty are "has much to be proud of"

gajinoz and Nathan S are "a name known to all"

Boink, faramir, and roughedges are "has a spectacular aura (150+)"

silenthunterstudios is "a jewel in the rough (250+)"

CODE 3 and Razorback - Knives are "is just really nice (350+)"

Thanks for your time and attention!

GeoThorn

BUY A MEMBERSHIP AVERAGEGUY

so we can all laugh maniacally when you get canned for being a hat, after spending 25 bucks! :D

reputation_manager.png

You can also buy reps points online (http://www.bladeforums.com/...buypoints.php ). $30 dollars bought me my 3 light-green puppies. :D

Watchful said:
I heard that if you get 1,200 points or more, you get a free cheese knife from Cutco.

I hope to be halfway there by the end of today.
Thanks to everyone who's been giving me (anonymous) reputation points for this post.

Twenty-five more and I win a Cutco toe jammer.

T. Erdelyi said:
Hey the computer took my money and it won't give me any points :eek: , I think it's broken :( :mad: :rolleyes:

You put the money in the wrong slot. People who don't know about computers are always doing that.... Put another $30 in the other slot on your computer. The slot you used is supposed to be for Canadian currency.

Back