Reverse Grip Fighting: Some things that bother me Mick

"I always where a belt, and belts make great weapons both offensive and defensive."

Brandon, that reminded me of one of the best lessons I ever got on REAL WORLD fighting. When I was in high school (early 70s), there were these two tough guys. They were the toughest guys in school. One was about 6' 3", the other was about 5' 6". The little guy had a little guy complex, the kind where you have to show the world you're as tough as anybody.

About 60 of us watched them approach each other, from different ends of our "smoking area". Everybody knew they were going to fight till somebody was unconcious.

When the littl guy got about 6' from the big guy, he took off his belt, complete with big rodeo buckle, and beat the big guy till he was screaming for mercy. He'd taken the big guy totally by surprise. He didn't telegraph ANYTHING. It was beautiful.

I learned a lesson. He didn't. A few years later, he got in a fight in a bar. Somebody used the leg of a bar stool and put one of his eyes out with it.

Back