Signature Setting

brownshoe

I support this site with my MIND
I have a signature, but I have not paid for one and cannot remove it.

When I look at my profile, there is not any place to edit signatures.

FAQ says it's only available for a fee, however I have not purchased the upgraded membership.

When I look at my e-mail section of my profile, someone had indicated that my e-mail address is not valid. I only have one, it is valid. It is protected, but it doesn't delete messages, it just quarintenes them, and I do check them.

Could someone please delete my signature.

Thanks.

Technically, it's a custom title.

Only paying members can display signatures without retyping them. For as little as $10, anyone can have a custom signature and basic membership. For a mere $50; less than a stainless steel handled Spyderco Endura; one can purchase a platinum membership and change his or her custom title at whim.

Brownshoe, I understand your frustration and you have every right to be frustrated.

Some turd burger recently changed my user title as well....he calls himself "the Phantom" user title changer. Personally, I think he's teh ghey.

At any rate, I had to cough up a Platinum membership fee to permanently change it so that this so-called phantom character couldn't do it again and again and again.

I guess he really is the Phantom.

Brownshoe, I understand your frustration and you have every right to be frustrated.

Some turd burger recently changed my user title as well....he calls himself "the Phantom" user title changer. Personally, I think he's teh ghey.

At any rate, I had to cough up a Platinum membership fee to permanently change it so that this so-called phantom character couldn't do it again and again and again.

I guess he really is the Phantom.

Dang... so your goofy title is something you CHOSE???? :D

I don't know what the fuss is about, you have made it pretty clear you are a strong supporter of Spyderco over the past few years.

BTW I can't hang out this weekend; I have plans.

I wuv Spyderco too. What's the problem? :confused:

I am soooooooooooooo glad I went Platinum at renewal time. VERY glad. There really is no better way to ward off phantoms and ghey friends and such. I am a little disappointed that my title has yet to raise any money, though. :(

you can pay to have it changed but there's no guarantee it wont happen again so the safest bet is platinum. or just enjoy your new custom title and thank whoever gave it to you:D

So as I understand it, someone paid $20 to change my title. Thanks for keeping me humble.

Why would someone be allowed to change another's title? It's basically graffitti on someone else's posts. At best it's adolescent rude behavior. At worst, it's malicious and against the rules. The change to my signature line breaks the following Forum Rules:

1. Don't use signatures to attack other members. This change was done by someone unknown to me as an attack. It is in a rude obnoxious and large font. That's an attack. It uses an ignorant word "wuv" and I try to use correct language, although not often the best spelling. That's an attack. Although I like spyderco knives, own many, have recommended them on this forum, I do not Love the company. I reserve the word Love for things more dear than a company. That's an attack on the things I truley love.

2. Don't Insult Other Members: The change was obviously designed to insult me.

3. No trolling: If the person who changed my signature is not trolling for a fight, then nobody is.

Obviously Spark knows who paid to make the change. I respectfully request they be banned for the above transgressions. Three strikes and you really should be out.

I also don't think its equitable to have to pay to change something that I didn't want, didn't ask for and was mean and spiteful.

However, it's Christmas time and this often brings out the worst in people who have no inner peace. Someone obviously paid to have this change made, in response I just donated $50 to my local Mission.

just think, you could have bought a platinum membership and supported bladeforums, changed your custom title to what you want it to say and not worry about it happening again. or dont you want to support this site?

I gotta side with brownshoe on this one. Tarring and feathering was abolished centuries ago. Simply a bad idea for all the reasons he stated in post 12, with the exception of the banning.

Don't let Whine and Cheez mentality pervade the rest of the forums.

I dunno, disagree all you want with him, and it may be justified. There are not many times a Devil's Advocate has not made me think harder. I just don't agree with the silly header.

Coop

Thanks for the voice of support. There are some great people here...others, let God sort 'em out.

"just think, you could have bought a platinum membership and supported bladeforums, changed your custom title to what you want it to say and not worry about it happening again. or dont you want to support this site?"

If that's the reason my "title" was changed, that's called blackmail. I don't cotton to blackmail.

I support this site with my time, my mind and I buy from the dealers that support this site.

Since not only was I given a custom title, but when I pull up my profile, personal remarks were made about my supposed invalid e-mail, possibly somebody didn't pay for the custom title, but has hacked the forum...or does this mean I am being "hunted" by a moderator. One moderator, a lover of all things Spyderco, has indicated in the past month that he's hunting me...

No moderator had a hand in this custom title. Someone paid $20 to change it, for whatever reason. There is a reason why the price to change someone's title is high, and that's to discourage people from just plunking down $1 to have a little fun. Someone obviously thought you were worth the title, so more power to them. Notice that changing it to whatever you personally want is only $10.

Back