Signature Setting

BS and I are teamed up now, so watch your back....
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. :p

This is all in good fun and also raises money for this wonderful place.
Kinda reminds me of the chicklet days. but at a small price.$$$
Now... changing members avatars, that would be fun and a good money raiser. :D

I thought about it, makes perfect sense. Throws all suspicion off of him. Besides everyone knows he has never had a Red Flag. He is one smart fellow.
The Phantom has been discovered.

Aw, those Lone Madman theories are always too simplistic. But suppose ... just suppose ... maybe it started with a Title Changing Conspiracy to victimize RWS. He was the first, wasn't he? And then ... then he sought revenge. He became the Phantom Title Changer to wreak revenge on all those who conspired against him. So all the title changes since then have been made by him to retaliate against the conspirators. Is this the end of it? Has he gotten them all? If he hasn't, if there are any conspirators left that he hasn't exacted vengeance upon, they must be quaking with fear.
attachment.php

Maybe so, I hope it last long enough for Spark to get the latest greatest server ever made. Then no more messages: Server is Busy, Try later Please.
James

I am not the Phantom. :barf:

BTW, where's my partner BS at?

BS started this thread and for some reason is nowhere to be seen. :confused:

He and I have teamed up now, and a common enemy.....the Phantom.... exists among us and he shall be thwarted by the dynamic duo. :cool: :thumbup:

I am not the Phantom. :barf:
BTW, where's my partner BS at?
BS started this thread and for some reason is nowhere to be seen. :confused:

He was last here at 4:56 starting this thread. You are on your own Phantom.:D

I guess the title wasn't a hack, just a sour grape.

The reason I thought it might be a hack, is when I pull up the e-mail portion of user CP, I get in the same lovely red font

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PUT A WORKING, VALID EMAIL ADDRESS HERE.
AFTER YOU CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS, YOU WILL BE SENT A LINK THAT YOU MUST CLICK TO REACTIVATE YOUR PROFILE. PAY ATTENTION TO THIS OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST USING THAT PROFILE!:"

I thought the two were connected. However, my e-mail address is current. Contrary to some people's belief, I am not a troll, thus have only one e-mail address and one Bladeforum's account.

As I've said before, thanks for keeping me humble. Even though the practice of assigning titles is allowed by the rules, it is in contradiction to other forum rules and also what is considered polite behaviour in the western world (outside of men's locker rooms.) Kind of reminds me of a great American tradition enshrined in Hawthorne's "The Scarlet Letter".

What is interesting is this practice is basically mean, but fully supported by this community. Just like Hawthorne's community of 200 years ago.

In the past, I've pointed out how people in the knife world are not happy little elves and they can be as mean and low lying as snakes in the grass. In other words, knife people are people first, knife lovers second. When I've done this, I've been taken to task as being too negative, and not telling the truth about our happy little world.

This practice of mean titles proves my point quite well. Whoever is willing to give me the Scarlet Title and the community that supports this practice, will be just as happy ripping you off on your next deal, robbing you of your knives if you are foolish enough to use your real name, shutting down this site with an attack, or selling you an antique knife created out of spare parts. All the person needs to do is convince themselves "you deserve it." You can "deserve it" if you disagree with them, if you have too much money, if you are from a culture they feel is beneath theirs, or if your name pisses them off. Some of you wonder why people don't use their real names on this forum, you should know why by now.

Have a Happy HoliDaze. For those of you who support the practice of Scarlet Titles, May Karma bite you in the ass. :)

Hey junior, easy on the accusations. You start going around saying longtime upstanding members (not me) are going to rip people off, you're opening up a whole new can of worms. Be butthurt if you like, but don't start grasping at straws to demonize everyone else. :mad:

I gotta side with brownshoe on this one. Tarring and feathering was abolished centuries ago. Simply a bad idea for all the reasons he stated in post 12, with the exception of the banning.

Don't let Whine and Cheez mentality pervade the rest of the forums.

I dunno, disagree all you want with him, and it may be justified. There are not many times a Devil's Advocate has not made me think harder. I just don't agree with the silly header.

Coop

I'm gonna side with Coop on this. I love it when the P-People razz each other in that one place that doesn't exist, and it is all done in good spirit amongst the paying members.

And then there is W&C where basically anything goes except nudity. Many a member has been lambasted there. That is just standard posting. Non-paying members can post there also and reply to threads or comments posted about them.

I feel someone should ante up and either put BS's title back, or at least give him something a little less obvious that is just as sweet.

Just my opinion, and again, I'm gonna back Coop on his position.

TJ

Just for the record....RTDTB is not the Phantom...I am starting a business and for the next month I dont have enough money to buy squat...

I bought a knife on the exchange yesterday and had to sell an anso on another forum to afford it...

so dont be accusing me..:D I was outta town when this all happened..

Don't let Whine and Cheez mentality pervade the rest of the forums.

I dunno, disagree all you want with him, and it may be justified. There are not many times a Devil's Advocate has not made me think harder. I just don't agree with the silly header.

Coop

I think the custom titles are kind of funny but the huge red font gives a cheap look to the site and tends to devalue the Bladeforums experience. I guess there's no appreciation for sublety any more. :D Of course, the "keep W&C business in W&C" and "keep Pirates Cove business in Pirates Cove" rules are now different because those huge red banners follow the posters everywhere like an enormous zit on the nose. :eek:

RTDTB said:
Just for the record....RTDTB is not the Phantom...I am starting a business and for the next month I dont have enough money to buy squat...

Yeah, sure. Nice try.

We're smarter than that, thank you very much.

We know what business you're starting. You're starting the Phantom business!....and you opened shop right here and you're getting rich by changing upstanding member's, like BS and me, user titles.

Doesn't anyone besides me see what's going on?.......Several days ago, which coincides when all this title changing stuff started to take place, Ren went to take a test for his "insurance" license so he could open his insurance business, yeah, right!

He really went to take a test to get his Phantom license so he could open up his user title changing business.

Ren is The Phantom!!

EDITED TO ADD:

One other thing!

Where were all the user title rescuers trying to protect BF member's human rights when I was painted red with a huge ghey user title that suggests that I had finally been infracted and was no longer technically a virgin?

What about zenheretic(AKA zenny baby:D)? He's floating around the forums with a huge ghey eyesore of a user title suggesting he's a flamer.

How come nobody has come to his rescue?......Oh, but let someone change Brownshoe's user title and now people begin coming out of the wood work to stand up for the fair treatment of the Bladeforum's citizens rights? What the....?

The reason I thought it might be a hack, is when I pull up the e-mail portion of user CP, I get in the same lovely red font

AFTER YOU CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS, YOU WILL BE SENT A LINK THAT YOU MUST CLICK TO REACTIVATE YOUR PROFILE. PAY ATTENTION TO THIS OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST USING THAT PROFILE!:"

I thought the two were connected. However, my e-mail address is current. Contrary to some people's belief, I am not a troll, thus have only one e-mail address and one Bladeforum's account.

You apparently are one of those people who read personal offense into every single thing possible. That red text there is in response to a number of users who think email verification isn't necessary, then hilarious fun to put in email address of "LOLSPAM@NOSPAM.SPAM" and then send me emails wondering why they can't activate their profile or use the forum.

Had you bothered to use things like "common sense" or "context" you might have realized that; instead you got offended over instructions. Hell, to even get there, you had to click on the EDIT EMAIL link! Are you frigging kidding me? You don't understand that when you click on something where you are going to CHANGE your email address, the text on the page might possibly be instructions to follow, and not a PERSONALIZED INSULT DELIVERED EXTRA SPECIAL TO BROWNSHOE? It's people like yourself that led to that text being put there: "Oh hay, these instructions don't mean anything to me, hurf durf, I can't be bothered reading them" and it's especially amusing to watch you get hot under the collar about it.

In the past, I've pointed out how people in the knife world are not happy little elves and they can be as mean and low lying as snakes in the grass. In other words, knife people are people first, knife lovers second. When I've done this, I've been taken to task as being too negative, and not telling the truth about our happy little world.
Yeah, that much is obvious. The shoe fits real well.

As I've said before, thanks for keeping me humble. Even though the practice of assigning titles is allowed by the rules, it is in contradiction to other forum rules and also what is considered polite behaviour in the western world (outside of men's locker rooms.) Kind of reminds me of a great American tradition enshrined in Hawthorne's "The Scarlet Letter".

What is interesting is this practice is basically mean, but fully supported by this community. Just like Hawthorne's community of 200 years ago.

This practice of mean titles proves my point quite well. Whoever is willing to give me the Scarlet Title and the community that supports this practice, will be just as happy ripping you off on your next deal, robbing you of your knives if you are foolish enough to use your real name, shutting down this site with an attack, or selling you an antique knife created out of spare parts. All the person needs to do is convince themselves "you deserve it." You can "deserve it" if you disagree with them, if you have too much money, if you are from a culture they feel is beneath theirs, or if your name pisses them off. Some of you wonder why people don't use their real names on this forum, you should know why by now.

Have a Happy HoliDaze. For those of you who support the practice of Scarlet Titles, May Karma bite you in the ass. :)

My response here is Boo Frickin' Hoo.

BS, you and terse should get together and take a class in concision.

BTW, if the Phantom had gone the Hawthorne route, you too would have gotten a big red A. For Asshat.

And FWIW, I still wuv Spyderco. It's weal wuv.

Back