Survival knife ?

This goat thing is scary
It certainly is funking some serious jive

That's Drama Goat. He unfunks the heck outta the jive.

Hey Nathan, can you say at what point of the testing phase you're in. Nothing specific necessarily, just wondering if you're far enough in to have settled on the blade geometry at this point.

Hey Nathan, can you say at what point of the testing phase you're in. Nothing specific necessarily, just wondering if you're far enough in to have settled on the blade geometry at this point.

I still need to get Loren's testing and input, but yes, we've pretty much settled on blade geometry and are simply dialing in a few ergonomic details. Production is now waiting on material (this is a custom thickness) and a mill to open up. These will be the next pattern we produce, though it's going to be a little while before we have them ready for sale.

I'm also considering a small batch in D2.

I think I'm going to have to cheat on my Busse knives with this beauty. Hopefully it will be a preorder as I've never been successful at getting in on the Friday sales

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

^ lol, only a Busse guy could say that .... :D

It's moderately skeletonized, there is a fuller and we scaled back a little from 1/4", so it's not as heavy as it might be, but it's a pretty stout knife. I probably wouldn't call it light. At 4.8 oz, the EDC is light...

Lol :D

It's light for its size that's is for sure. Going to be an excellent belt knife, won't even know it's there compared to the bricks I've been carrying!

Got admit I am a Busse Guy too, But 12.5 ounces is light, I like it! Hell the Light Chopper at 17 ounces is easy to carry all day for me! Looking forward to this one!!
I will take one in Camo Micarta and the new Black and OD Green Micarta-sending payment now to Jo, hope I score! Just kidding, cannot wait!!

Last edited:
^ lol, only a Busse guy could say that .... :D

It's moderately skeletonized, there is a fuller and we scaled back a little from 1/4", so it's not as heavy as it might be, but it's a pretty stout knife. I probably wouldn't call it light. At 4.8 oz, the EDC is light...

I hope that you will also stick with that weight criteria when you decide to usher in a new era by way of a CPK-Folder. 5 oz or just over/under by a smidgen would be optimal for a stout, tough and practical folder which will not be a pocket anchor!

Plus after experiencing your D2 in person, I will not be miffed whatsoever if you decided to go with your version of D2 as opposed to more "exotic" steels in your projected folder. In fact now I would say that would be an excellent choice :thumbup:

If there's a pre-order for this knife, please put me on it. I've missed out all Friday sales for the LC and FKs. If it goes to Friday sales, is there someone kind enough to proxy me🙏?

12.5oz is pretty reasonable, I definitely want one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I just received my LC today. It is absolutely stunning!!!
It really opened my eyes to how awesome this SK is going to be!!!

I'm a Busse guy too, but I'm really wanting this knife !! And also would love a pre order

I thinking this is going to be right up there with my favorite Busse, the SFNO.

FK with SFNO
As5sMh1.jpg

I hope that you will also stick with that weight criteria when you decide to usher in a new era by way of a CPK-Folder. 5 oz or just over/under by a smidgen would be optimal for a stout, tough and practical folder which will not be a pocket anchor!

Plus after experiencing your D2 in person, I will not be miffed whatsoever if you decided to go with your version of D2 as opposed to more "exotic" steels in your projected folder. In fact now I would say that would be an excellent choice :thumbup:

With Nathan's ability to craft not only a light weight but a well balanced knife using meticulously designed skeletonized sections and in some cases fullers; and his mastery of the mill proven time and time again, I bet he can do much better than the solid liner/scale pocket anchors you are used to. I'd like to see 1.0-1.2oz per inch of blade length and a focus on performance.

Keep in mind Nathan carried a Mnandi for a long time, that is a very little knife by many of today's standards. There are some knives with hardware sets that weight more than a Mnandi I bet. :p

I was amazed at how light the new survival will be. It'll really be interesting, once it's in production, to handle the production model and try to notice subtle changes from the test piece.

Great feel, great look, too.

And maybe a small of D-2 as well, huh? Cool.

Back