Survival knife ?

I gave him my sebenza, and I hope he's been using it!

" Betzner "
^^ That test piece/knife was crazy cool !!!! Thank you again for posting those pics :)
Congrats on scoring that one

With Nathan's ability to craft not only a light weight but a well balanced knife using meticulously designed skeletonized sections and in some cases fullers; and his mastery of the mill proven time and time again, I bet he can do much better than the solid liner/scale pocket anchors you are used to. I'd like to see 1.0-1.2oz per inch of blade length and a focus on performance.

Keep in mind Nathan carried a Mnandi for a long time, that is a very little knife by many of today's standards. There are some knives with hardware sets that weight more than a Mnandi I bet. :p

Young man! Don't you start on me or I'll have to hop on a plane, parachute down on BC-Can and put you over my knees and give you a spanking. I already have to deal with this other guy hopefully by tomorrow, who just randomly went ad hominem by calling me a "beech" earlier up thread, so like I said you don't get on the wrong side of Uncle Matty!

So... Squeeze me?! I am the one used to pocket anchors?! :confused: I dumped the Sebies plus everything else which was literally pulling my pants down while cutting like shyte! I'm only EDC'ing PM2s these days which barely weigh 3.7 ounces soaking wet. That "anti-Reaganite" poster ought to turn himself loose on you Shiro 0.01%ers instead of poor Ol' Bentzer who is merely accused of being a 1%er :p

Last edited:
All this bad mother fluffer/1%er/spanking talk has made the thread even more interesting!

Woah woah Matty! You got rid of that Military huh. Atta' boy!

Careful on the CRK bashing, if the sub finds out you might get lynched!!

Oh yeah Justin, I let go of that Ti Mili a looong while ago. Now, I actually really like the Mili model with the exception of the tip only down configuration which is not the optimal way for me to pocket carry, but no issues what so ever if one likes the size of the Mili and pack carries or car carries. Just that the Ti version although fancy for a Mili, made it too heavy plus I wasn't particularly too fond of their RIL iteration. I may still get a Mili in super steel with the liner lock if and when Coiled stops charging me CA tax, living close to the ocean tax and the fact that he doesn't like my face tax!!!

Duly noted on the CRK warning but what I had was dull off the bat and to be honest to CRK, this is not just limited to them. Plenty of other makers whose products are not exactly shaving sharp outta box. Something no one can ever accuse Mr. Carother to be slacking in those merits!

That "anti-Reaganite" poster ought to turn himself loose on you Shiro 0.01%ers instead of poor Ol' Bentzer who is merely accused of being a 1%er :p

Mat, I am becoming fonder of you by the minute. But be careful if you take a plane across the border. I hear we have missiles stationed in Washington pointed at Vancouver. Or was that fake news?

Mat, I am becoming fonder of you by the minute. But be careful if you take a plane across the border. I hear we have missiles stationed in Washington pointed at Vancouver. Or was that fake news?

I hear that Fake News business is still a vast and hardly depleted goldmine! My personal political persuasion is mostly guided in one direction as the empathy gene was strongly planted in me from inception (not my fault) but for the right amount of $, I can come up with some completely believable and conceivable doozies for my esteemed friends on the gullible side :p

Deleted for self-induced brain fart and lack of pop culture awareness!

Last edited:
I have no idea what's happening in this thread...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

neither do I brother and we also seem to share our common love for our German Shepherds [emoji106]
Yeah definitely, although mine passed away on thanksgiving, still miss him terribly. Great looking dog, give him a hug and a treat

Yeah definitely, although mine passed away on thanksgiving, still miss him terribly. Great looking dog, give him a hug and a treat

I am so sorry to hear that my brethren :( Lost a Lab/Ret mix to cancer about a year ago and my heart is still wounded with a big hole

My GS is a female, a LARGE one! But yes, I will do so doubly because you asked me to.

Very sorry for hijacking the thread which I will now cease, but had to send my sincere condolences to a fellow brother GS lover who is in grief.

I may still get a Mili in super steel with the liner lock if and when Coiled stops charging me CA tax, living close to the ocean tax and the fact that he doesn't like my face tax!!!

The hate your face tax is pretty hefty, I must say. More than your ocean tax. I'm more than happy to sell you a millie if you would rather not use the 'bay. 😆😉

But hey, you should stop funking the jive of this thread with all of your OT banter. 😂 I need moar cowbells!! Bob, more pics of the Bad Mother Fluffer please!!

The hate your face tax is pretty hefty, I must say. More than your ocean tax. I'm more than happy to sell you a millie if you would rather not use the 'bay. ����

But hey, you should stop funking the jive of this thread with all of your OT banter. �� I need moar cowbells!! Bob, more pics of the Bad Mother Fluffer please!!

I like the idea of an ocean tax, gotta pay for this view! As to more images of the BMFF, I'll try, the natural light is good today (mixed with rain) so may have some quicker pics. What would you (input from Iv only pls) specifically want to see? Gimme an idea. The damage or the knife? Personally, I'd rather not try to capture the damage because so many images are required to really get a full idea. But you name it and I'll try.

I like the idea of an ocean tax, gotta pay for this view! As to more images of the BMFF, I'll try, the natural light is good today (mixed with rain) so may have some quicker pics. What would you (input from Iv only pls) specifically want to see? Gimme an idea. The damage or the knife? Personally, I'd rather not try to capture the damage because so many images are required to really get a full idea. But you name it and I'll try.
No more pics of the damage, at least for me.

How about comparison pics with other models. Length compared to FK, LC, etc. Blade thickness compared to FK, shiv, LC, etc.

Really, any beauty shots are ok with me.

Thanks! 👍

Very good of you brother!!!
Looking forward to the pics!!

No more pics of the damage, at least for me.

How about comparison pics with other models. Length compared to FK, LC, etc. Blade thickness compared to FK, shiv, LC, etc.

Really, any beauty shots are ok with me.
not
Thanks! ��

Damage shots are the hardest, and I am with you on the rest - comparison shots. I'll do it today, as long as nothing intervenes, like the guy maybe 20 ft away from me dropping over dead about 3 hrs ago. Talk about damage shots. No, seriously.

Last edited:
Back