The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Outstanding response Nathan and Very Informative-Thank you! Bottom line-Keep it simple and apply the RIGHT Heat Treatment to it! Thanks again

Thank you for the well thought out answer. It does raise some small questions though.

Is there a general "mix" that you look for? Maybe "mix" is incorrect term, (and I am not familiar with the exact one to use) but is there a set of parameters that you look at prior to putting in the time required to see an alloys potential?

Is it something akin to a generally even distribution, with spikes in certain elements decided by your preferential use for a knife? Or do you look at the elemental makeup to get a feel for what an alloy might be capable of and see what is close but more concisely targeted to your specific intentions?

I apologize if these questions seem to be out of left field, but I am genuinely interested in what (aside from sheer performance) pushes you and influences your choices.

Nathan, didn't want to clog up the WTB/TS/TT thread but saw your post about being out of stock on the FK micarta scales. Can you kindly check to see if any G10 scales are left for the FK? If so, I would like to order a spare set by PM'ing the-powers-that-be for my one and only FK just in case they all run out before long! Thank you :)

Nathan, didn't want to clog up the WTB/TS/TT thread but saw your post about being out of stock on the FK micarta scales. Can you kindly check to see if any G10 scales are left for the FK? If so, I would like to order a spare set by PM'ing the-powers-that-be for my one and only FK just in case they all run out before long! Thank you :)

Black, Forest Green and OD in G10. :thumbup:

Was wondering if you could snap a quick pic of an unbuffed OD next to one that's buffed.

Thanks.

f1652a3c70d1d4aad4747bd396e7e9fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for letting us know what is available Nathan. I was able to get a set of forest green G10 scales before they were gone. :thumbup:

^^^ So the FK forest green G10 scales are no longer in stock as of PM today, March 28th? That was fast because Nathan's post is time stamped around 6:30 PDT. If so, daaaiiing!

^^^ So the FK forest green G10 scales are no longer in stock as of PM today, March 28th? That was fast because Nathan's post is time stamped around 6:30 PDT. If so, daaaiiing!

I would think if a person wants any FK scales they'd better nail them down. The word is out. If you strike out, hit me up bud.

Thank you Dave. I'll be PM'ing Jo shortly to see what other G10 is available. Since mine is already with black G10 scales, I wouldn't mind acquiring a spare set with backup hardware in the same iteration :)

Didn't mean to indicate they were gone but that I wanted to get in before they were all gone. Did that make sense?:rolleyes:

Nathan...
So what's the deal with that Medium Chopper?
Are there any details that you're willing to share or is it way too early to talk about?

Nathan, from what I have gathered from your posts, it seems to me that perhaps apart from offering some more of the EDC pattern, the next pattern in line for being offered is your iteration of a survival / camp knife. Thereafter, as you had also mentioned there are plans and perhaps W(s)IP for a folder, heavy chopper and a weapon. My question is what is the likelihood of a weapon to jump ahead of that line on your to-do-list big board? Needless to say that I am advocating a weapon over the other aforementioned plans but I realize that what I wish has little to no weight :D

Another question regarding the future weapon pattern: are you thinking more along the lines of your past Shiv pattern, the past Utility Fighter pattern or something different and perhaps in between (size wise)?

Back