Upcoming Knife Shows

I'm screwed :eek:
Rick usually has more customers than knives so he has a lottery system. There will be lottery tickets available on Fri and Sat. If your ticket is called you will have your choice of the knives that are left and you will pay cash for your knife at that time. Good luck!

I know of the Nov 16-18 show in Jersey City, when is the other?

Last year it was early March (2-4) I know because I went and last minute my Buddy bailed and my Wife said, "I'd love to go" :eek: (Happened to be her Birthday)
As fate would have it, I "Won" the lottery and had the opportunity to buy my DLC 24:eek:
It was my Wifes Birthday. That did NOT go over well. I still hear about it til this day.
So anyway....:)

Rick usually has more customers than knives so he has a lottery system. There will be lottery tickets available on Fri and Sat. If your ticket is called you will have your choice of the knives that are left and you will pay cash for your knife at that time. Good luck!

"usually has more...."???? ;)

Last year it was early March (2-4) I know because I went and last minute my Buddy bailed and my Wife said, "I'd love to go" :eek: (Happened to be her Birthday)
As fate would have it, I "Won" the lottery and had the opportunity to buy my DLC 24:eek:
It was my Wifes Birthday. That did NOT go over well. I still hear about it til this day.

I'd keep that slight transgression (from her perspective) alive as long as possible. Hey Hun, rember that one birthday where I got....:D
This way, when and if you ever really do something to offend her, the grail DLC 24 can by a nice deflection topic.

Oops, maybe I shouldn't post this where ladies can't read it. Feel free to edit me.

Sometimes I feel like Ray Romano. I imagine she will be accompanying me this year as well.:rolleyes:

I misunderstood I thought you meant 2 upcoming shows in JC. Thanks

You are all taken to an island and given a survival bag each. Each bag contains a weapon, some good (UZI) some bad (Frying pan) and you have to battle it out until only one remains.

That one victor then gets to choose from a selection of holy grails.

Cute. I hope my bag contains a manner for secure comms and a gps. Establish my pos and call in support. ;)

I'd try and gift my lady friend a pink scaled XM, but luckily, no need for that at the moment. I'm free to play and live as I like.

Nice! :cool:

After my lack of good luck in the lottos at Blade, I would have no complaints coming home from Vegas w/ a pink scaled XM.

But even if no new Hinderer knife finds me, I don't attend these shows just for the knives.

That's a bummer, I never win anything :( Haha.

So you actually have to win the lotto just to get the opportunity to buy one of the regular production XM's? I thought the lotteries were normal lotteries, where you just win the knife. And/or for custom versions of the knife. I didn't realize you had to win just to get the chance to buy a standard issue XM. Oh well, I'm definitely picking up a John Grimsmo Norseman with my name on it while I'm there :)

That's a bummer, I never win anything :( Haha.

So you actually have to win the lotto just to get the opportunity to buy one of the regular production XM's? I thought the lotteries were normal lotteries, where you just win the knife. And/or for custom versions of the knife. I didn't realize you had to win just to get the chance to buy a standard issue XM. Oh well, I'm definitely picking up a John Grimsmo Norseman with my name on it while I'm there :)
You thought we were giving away $385 knives? Really?

You thought we were giving away $385 knives? Really?

Well I thought generally with lotteries, the cost of the prize was offset by the sale of the tickets. For example, a hundred $10 tickets are sold and one lucky person wins a thousand dollar prize. Maybe I'm confusing this with a raffle, if they're different things.

Well I thought generally with lotteries, the cost of the prize was offset by the sale of the tickets. For example, a hundred $10 tickets are sold and one lucky person wins a thousand dollar prize. Maybe I'm confusing this with a raffle, if they're different things.

The tickets for the Hinderer lotteries are free, one per customer. What you win is the chance to pay the direct cost for the knife, and not the increased secondary market price. My much better half and I will be at both the upcoming Jersey City shows.

For the most part lotteries that require you to buy tickets are run for the benefit of governments. It's a big revenue generator. Usually only a portion of the amount you spend on a ticket goes toward prizes, much goes into the pockets of governments both up front and then winners pay more in taxes.

As for Hinderer lotteries, you win a chance to buy one and nothing more. And it's a true pleasure to win, as owning one of these knives is worth all the effort.

There is confusion at the knife shows about lotteries and raffles. Every knife seller / maker runs things their way, but freebies are rare.

It can get tricky trying to sell tickets to win a prize, better to avoid offering these than host them. The good ones generate money for a cause, not for profit.

Back