Upcoming Knife Shows

Well I thought generally with lotteries, the cost of the prize was offset by the sale of the tickets. For example, a hundred $10 tickets are sold and one lucky person wins a thousand dollar prize. Maybe I'm confusing this with a raffle, if they're different things.

If you are attending the show next weekend you will find most makers that have lotteries do it the same way, Onion, Emerson, Martin, Burch, Boguszewski to name a few. We certainly didn't come up with the concept, but it is the best way we have found to handle it. There is no cost to get in our lottery. We'll have 30-35 knives per day, and we will have 250 lottery cards per day.

Thanks, guys, for explaining it to me. As you can tell, I haven't been to many knife shows. I guess I was confusing it with a raffle. I also didn't realize the tickets were free. Really looking forward to seeing how my luck pans out! :)

Im glad I just read through this thread as I plan on going to the CA knife show hopefully I can win I would love to buy one at retail price

I see that at the USN gathering, it's says Hinderer's lottery is around 4:00 each day. Does this mean you have until 4 each day to get your lottery card and then the winners will be drawn and announced at 4? Or is 4 o'clock the time that you have to get in line and get your card, or? One more question, if your number is called but you're not there at the time it is called, are you SOL or are you able to redeem it later? Thanks to anyone who can help me figure it out. I actually live here and I may be working at random times during the show, so it could be tricky for me since I'm not on vacation with plenty of time to hang out at the gathering like most people.

Get to the Hinderer booth early as the lottery cards will likely go fast.

When your name is called, you must be present to win. If you aren't there, they will move on.

4pm is when they will start drawing names. Once a name is drawn, that person will walk up to the table, pick a knife and pay for it. Then they will call the next name.

Get to the Hinderer booth early as the lottery cards will likely go fast.

When your name is called, you must be present to win. If you aren't there, they will move on.

4pm is when they will start drawing names. Once a name is drawn, that person will walk up to the table, pick a knife and pay for it. Then they will call the next name.

Thanks for the info! :)

Sucks! Went to leave for Vegas (this morning) the Private Jet wouldn't start (again) I hate when that happens.

Sucks! Went to leave for Vegas (this morning) the Private Jet wouldn't start (again) I hate when that happens.

Sure does, I am sitting here waiting for you to pick me up on your way, guess I'll go do some yard work.

Sure does, I am sitting here waiting for you to pick me up on your way, guess I'll go do some yard work.

I read an owners manual and it says if I spin the prop it'll start so I'm gonna try spinning these fan looking things. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope everybody is having Fun in "Sin City":D

(No I don't I hope they are all miserable) :grumpy: Jk

Am I?:p

The Gathering here in Vegas was absolutely awesome. One of the funnest weekends I've had in a very long time. I didn't win the Hinderer lottery, unfortunately. I'll try again at the California Custom Knife Show in October, though. I should probably get married before then because half the people who won were peoples' wives (those who doubled their odds by having their spouse enter had about 3.5:1 odds, which isn't too bad). It was awesome meeting the Hinderer guys and everyone else I met at the show. Really great time and I still got some pretty cool stuff. Right after I lost the Hinderer lottery on the second day, I went over to TNK and picked up a really nice Shirogorov Hati 95 (carbon fiber/Ti framelock). Got some Wicked Edge accessories too. The best part was just the overall experience. It was a real pleasure getting to meet everyone and see so many Hinderer folders in person!

Yep,

The Gathering was fun. Nice turnout, great selection from venders, awesome folks.

Want to be surrounded by like-minded knife lovers? The Gathering certainly fits that description.

Congrats to all who scored both Hinderers and anything / everything else.

And thanks to all for a great experience.

I am Glad everybody had a good time, as we all have said in the past - It is great to win in the Lottery BUT the Fun is the great thing.

Go to a Show...it's a great time. If ever one can be worked in to your schedule, it should be experienced.

Spoiler....the people are "cooler" than the knives.

Back