What Kukri would you take if you were going to war?

I'm finding more and more uses for some of the "baby's" in the 9-12 inch range. Having a couple of big choppers (M43, WWII) is a must have for the heavy work, but I can EDC some of the smaller one's quite comfortably. I had my 11.5-11oz Pacthar with me on the riding mower to cut off some "hat grabber" limbs and it was great.

I also put my 16.5 inch WWII to task against some $&^#%@!! "invasive Bittersweet" vines that were choking off some Lilacs and hardwood trees. Anyone who's ever fought this invasive &*#&$^&$! VINE FROM HE!! knows what I'm talking about... the stuff will kill a chainsaw! Took some nice chunks of vine for crafty stuff.

attachment.php

Attachments

• rsz_wwii_vines.jpg
    rsz_wwii_vines.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 131
don't have an HI hanshee (yet) so this older one of mine will have to do:
attachment.php

still got a bit of life left in the ol' gal.

attachment:
hanshee 01.jpg

Looks like a lot of life left in that beauty to me. Beautiful thing she is...................

Tim, that looks like the same stuff I know as "mile-a-minute" up here in the Northeast. Whereabouts is that?

My 15" AKB does quite well against it too

Tim, that looks like the same stuff I know as "mile-a-minute" up here in the Northeast. Whereabouts is that?

My 15" AKB does quite well against it too

Yep... that's the same stuff I have up here in NH. Most of the time, it isn't as big as what you or I have pictured... usually pencil sized. The bigger "rope" sized stuff is pretty cool looking.

I've heard old-timers talk about intentionally training it around small hard-wood saplings ... as the tree and vine grow, it will cause the tree to twist/spiral and then when the tree is broomstick diameter, they cut them and make walking sticks.

It's some VICIOUS stuff indeed!

Back