What's your favorite Mora?

Fletcher Knives

STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO
Guys, what is your favorite of the Moras. Post pics of your Mora in action or just posing.

I admit to owning a few. My favorite is the Frost 780 Triflex, I like the handle and blade size, seems to be the best combo for me. The 780 is slightly thicker and heavier than my second favorite, the 740. Both are carbon steel. This is an older picture of some of my moras so the 740 and 780 are missing.

Here is the 780 with a home built leather sheath, the factory plastic is ok if you throw it into your kit bag, but for belt duty I prefer leather sheaths or a quality kydex.

My favorite is the Eriksson Model 2000 and 2nd favorite is the Eriksson model 711.
M2K-1.jpg

edgedtrio.jpg

Guys, what is your favorite of the Moras. Post pics of your Mora in action or just posing.

Compared to the other sheath knives I have, it is not much to look at, but nothing to sneeze at! The best fishing blade I have ever used. Black rubber handle, red hilt.

The Blue and Yellow Carbon Clipper BUT, I love them all. I hate to admit it but these knives will out cut and out work many 100-200 dollar knives. The Mora 2000 is right at the top of the list as well. The only bad thing about Mora knives is that it makes me realize that I spent WAAAAAYYYY!!! To much money on higher end stuff that won't hold a candle to these knives.:D

i love my mora 2000......sharp as a razor cuts like one too.....i cant seem to find anything i dont like about it....besides the sheath...but i am gonna fix that soon.....

I like the mora craftsman handle and all the steel is good imo,my most used is a (760?) swak. I also realy like the standard carbon #1.

Eriksson 510 followed closely by an Eriksson #2.

Nothing fancy about either one, but solid working knives!

i only have the orange and triflex craftsmen but the m2k and 510 are in the mail. i ordered the 510 for the slim sheathed profile but i wonder why everyone else picked it as their favorite.

anyone kind enough to enlighten me?

i'll pick a favorite after the others arrive.

I can objectively say that the 510 is the best Mora in the line-up, and probably one of the best fixed blades ever, ever. :D

Seriously, the 510. Flawless.

P8030027.jpg

i ordered the 510 for the slim sheathed profile but i wonder why everyone else picked it as their favorite.

anyone kind enough to enlighten me?

Honestly, it's just one of those "has it" knives.

Great handle and blade, nice sheath that holds is securely left or right handed carry. Incredibly light but strong and the perfect size for most knife chores.

ive got the 545 and love it(Its just the stainless version of the 510) I also have the triflex 780 and its good. The stainless in the mora is very good. Its found in may 100 dollar knives and it holds a great edge and is very fine grain so is easy to sharpen and can reach a freakishly sharp edge

My favorite is the Eriksson Model 2000 and 2nd favorite is the Eriksson model 711.

Hey longbow,

I know that you've posted before about your appreciation of the 2000. I have 4 or 5 different Moras, but I don't have a 2000. Is it a good carver for things like trap triggers, fire boards, etc.?

Doc

Back