What's your favorite Mora?

Mora 2000. Really like the way it feels in my hand. Also like the 746 and the 748 (6" blade works great for cutting up grapefruit).

Craftline topQ allround. As good as a user knife would need to be for me. Used it a LOT since I got it.
Maybe I`d prefer the grip on the highQ, but the blade might be just a bit narrow for utility use. It`s available in carbon steel.
I got a couple of spares of both :) and might change opinion after more testing of the highQ.
Both are just slightly upgraded clippers which also is just fine.
timann

Gotta be my orange on orange 760. LOVE this blade :)
orange2.jpg

It's the only Mora I've ever had, so I cant compare it to other Mora's, but the 2000 is something else. I have been using it instead of, the more expensive knives I own. I love my Mora 2k.

mora1.jpg

Mora.jpg

Edit: Wow, after posting this I just seen this was a four year old thread resurrected.:eek:
I was getting ready to let Power Noodle know where to get a 2k at a good price but I'd say after four years, he's gotten one by now.:D

Ragweed Forge. Google them up. Great place to buy other Scandinavian knives, too. Ragnar has a great inventory and ships fast. Great prices, too. I just bought a Helle Taiga from him.

I've got a handful of models--a couple are out of stock right now but will be back in just a couple of days. :)

Thanks to this thread (and the general Mora Love going around the web these days) I am gonna order me a half-dozen or so different Moras to try out. I am mainly drawn to their feather-weight qualities, and the stories of their razor-sharpness.

So, should I go carbon? Stainless? or are they both nice and I should get a couple of each steel? I am leaning toward the carbon models as a gut instinct.

Either is fantastic. Their carbon steel is 1095 and their stainless is 12c27 Sandvik. I've personally got some of both and have been impressed with both varieties. :)

My fav. is a traditional #1 with the fiber sheath.

Based on this thread, I think I'm gonna get a 510, too.

I like the Mora 2000 quite a bit, but my favorite is the Allround. Really great knife. The Scout is pretty neat too.

Back