WIP Santoku, Pikal, and BT4 36" Radius Hollow

Ban

Full Convex grind Medium Large Santoku

Chisel Grind Pikal

BT4: Experimenting with a 36" Radius hollow grind. The hollow is very subtle and almost looks like a flat grind. It may be a good compromise to wring out a bit more efficient cutting geometry while still maintaining the strength of the flat grind.

5276820316_f1eb9897dc_b.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! I wasn't aware that stuff this nice was coming out of San Jose. Maybe I should pay a visit some time.

Wow! I wasn't aware that stuff this nice was coming out of San Jose. Maybe I should pay a visit some time.

Show up to the next get together and hang with the boys.:thumbup: I think the next one will be at mtnfolkmike's place in Santa Cruz.

Show up to the next get together and hang with the boys.:thumbup: I think the next one will be at mtnfolkmike's place in Santa Cruz.

I may just have to. Drop me a PM some time. I'm in San Jose, too.

The hollow grind on the BT4 really is subtle. One couldn't tell just from looking at the pic.

Love the Santoku but that Pikal really is already looking wicked. So much good stuff to look at here. Thanks for giving us a peak. :D

JH

Just finished up this BT4 with a 36" Radius Hollow Grind.
Now I need to go down my list and see who wants it.

5347680726_d27a51ec1d_b.jpg

This one is 3/16. I will put it up on the exchange a little later.

Yeah Chickenplucker was quick on the trigger pull. Thanks for the support :thumbup:

Took a few more shots of the BT4 at the shop with my DSLR before lending it to my brother.

5350593447_9d6d1f01ed_b.jpg

5350594147_00725b104b_b.jpg

5351207972_6bac9a344e_b.jpg

Back