WIP Santoku, Pikal, and BT4 36" Radius Hollow

I got to check that one out yesterday and really liked it. It was such a subtle hollow grind it almost looked flat. Very cool.

Nice :thumbup: I don't think I've seen that one before. Nice deep slicer with a durable edge, eh?

Nice :thumbup: I don't think I've seen that one before. Nice deep slicer with a durable edge, eh?

Got that right! Awesome primary geometry with a durable edge. I actually dig that 36 radius a whole lot. I may prefer it over the flat and convex grind in 3/16 stock for the BT4.

Spent the last couple of hours getting these 2 ready for handles.

5374463204_67b0a45ee9_b.jpg

Finally got this bad boy done. Orange G10 with black liners. Ridiculous stupid sharp :eek:

Man I miss my DSLR. My brother borrowed it for a while to take pics of his new baby boy. I suppose my camera phone will work for the time being.

5376844408_e65b71eedb_b.jpg

5376845228_5c4d1f8074_b.jpg

5376244971_4660d02198_b.jpg

I really love that p'kal...like really love it.

Most of my stuff that looks flat is actually done on an old-school water wheel. I don't know what the radius is, it's probably not 36 inches, but the results can look pretty similar...

Can't wait to see the recurve completed. The orange handles on the pikal actually looks very cool!

First time I've seen your work, very nice! I especially like the 36" radius hollow grind w/convex edge, kind of back to the future........many old time knives had similar grinds ;-)

Back