You might spend too much time in the bush if:

A friend and I were making jokes pointed towards ourselves as bushcrafters the other day and I thought if I shared with the forums someone would come along and out do me. So here it goes, somewhat an extension of the "You might be a knifaholic if.." thread, I give you the "You might spend too much time in the Bush if..." thread.

You drink out of a charred black water bottle anywhere.

Something you are wearing smells like smoke all the time.

You EDC a BK2.

Last edited:
make feather sticks out of pencils while in the office...you save the shavings from pencil sharpeners to use as tinder later.

Tie your shoes with a taught line hitch

Forget how to make a fire with a bic lighter.

Step out on the front porch to take a whiz.

Sleep on your favorite chair in your sleeping bag.

Cook omelets on your camp stove in your kitchen.

Pass gas with no thought of modesty while in public.

Put up your tent in your living room.

Eat a pack of freeze dried stroganoff for supper rather than going to the store.

Your bedroom looks like an REI rummage sale because you seldom put it all away at once.

Sitting at your computer you have a firebow kit, bic, mag block and two other fire starters within reach.

Your favorite woodsbumming clothes, boots and hat are laid out like fireman's turnouts for a quick getaway.

ETA: I am just guessing, you understand.

Last edited:
No, like this:

jh7orl.jpg

Someone at the P.O. asks to borrow a pocket knife to open a box and you reach under your shirt and hand them a BK-11?

......... you stock your winter shelter with TP, condiments and books.

...after staring at the beer for 15 minutes
the clerk asks if he can help and you have to admit that
you were trying to decide which can would work best on an alcohol
stove or campfire.

...after staring at the beer for 15 minutes
the clerk asks if he can help and you have to admit that
you were trying to decide which can would work best on an alcohol
stove or campfire.

thats an awkward, but hilarious situation...:D

If you use a hand-drill, bow drill, ferro-rod and a tinder bundle you made in your backyard, to start fires...in your fireplace...in your house...even if there are 3 long lighters w/in arms reach.
You do your gardening with a Trailmaster even when proper tools are readily available
You process firewood with a large knife or small axe even though you have an expensive chainsaw
Your neighbors complain about billowing smoke from your yard on a weekly basis.
No wood in your house is safe from becoming feathersticks, bow drills or traps.

It's natural for you to just fart wherever you are standing. I did this in a grocery store line up as a teenager, to my mothers ever lasting horror\funny story. I just got back from six weeks at an army cadet summer camp. Didn't even register to me until after the rather loud and satifying event had ocuured. Us young lads did pride ourselves in the longest\loudest squeals of flattulance that we could create. I do believe that I would have made the boys proud that day. :D

Instead of just burning a brush pile, you sort it into different fuel sizes.

Some of the branches laying out have cooked more food on them than your stove has.

You look at the Spam section of the grocery store and have a flood of fond memories take over your mind and make you want to run right out to the woods.

Back