You might spend too much time in the bush if:

You rake the yard only to practice building debris shelters.
friends come over and ask "what smells" and you reply, "everything".

You offer to light a friends cigar or cigarette with your ferro-rod

When you start looking at birch bark and moss as sources of toilet paper.

- you carry a piece of fatwood on your keyring
- your finest piece of clothing is a swedish army smock (intensly smelling of smoke)
- you prefer a scandi-ground knife for every day food prep in the kitchen

More than half of your friends have mentioned that if the world goes to heck in a handbasket, then they are heading striaght to you because your the one they will trust to keep you alive...

You are spending too much time in the bush WHEN:.

You do not heat your apartment when you have free steam from the city, because you do not want to get soft for the winter....

More than half of your friends have mentioned that if the world goes to heck in a handbasket, then they are heading striaght to you because your the one they will trust to keep you alive...

It would be a busy place around my house if they all show up.....I've told them all that have said that to me, "I make the rules if that happens":D I get a lot of blank stares.:)

..when you are hoping it snows more so that you can go camping.

When you tell your best friend you can't wait to buy an Italian wool blanket and he just stares at you in confusion.

When you can't start the fire with flint and steel or magnifying glass then you get mad when you have to use a ferro rod.

It would be a busy place around my house if they all show up.....I've told them all that have said that to me, "I make the rules if that happens":D I get a lot of blank stares.:)

This is when inviting friends for supper takes on a whole new meaning.

Step out on the front porch to take a whiz.

Sleep on your favorite chair in your sleeping bag.

Cook omelets on your camp stove in your kitchen.

Pass gas with no thought of modesty while in public.

Put up your tent in your living room.

Eat a pack of freeze dried stroganoff for supper rather than going to the store.

Your bedroom looks like an REI rummage sale because you seldom put it all away at once.

Sitting at your computer you have a firebow kit, bic, mag block and two other fire starters within reach.

Your favorite woodsbumming clothes, boots and hat are laid out like fireman's turnouts for a quick getaway.

ETA: I am just guessing, you understand.

I'm guilt of more than half this stuff!! I've cooked in the house on my alcohol stove and isobutane...made chicken soup from dehydrated veggies and boul. cube, breakfast...pancakes, sleep in my sleeping bag on my prolite plus in the cold basement floor...more than once and tested out my italian wool blankets! Put the tent up in the garage, ate too many mountain house when I was too lazy to do anything else! Plus filter water from the yard as well as the stuff I collected out of the down spouts! And more...this is scary! HAHAHA

"Instead of just burning a brush pile, you sort it into different fuel sizes."
I have done this for two years now .
Does anybody else have a small pile of (special/favorite) brush near the rest that they think will burn longer for no reason they could ever explain in words?

when you have a few feathersticks of fatwood in your vehicles cupholders to get out that nasty new car smell.I love the look on peoples faces when they get in the rig and look at them like a dog doing math problems.My wife just sighs...

when i have 2 knives on me as i type this at work.

when i have a ferro rod, and 3 other redundant ways to build fire in a small bag in my daypack at work...in the middle of the city. Just in case i need to build a fire....just in case....mmmmmmmmm fire.

Back