“Life is too short to carry an ugly knife”.

Tim the Wizard

Street Samurai
Gold Member
On this Labor day let's all show appreciation to the hardworkers that help enrich our country and our lives. People working together and pursuing their passions, whether it is manufacturing, healthcare, recreation, knifemaking, military and law enforcement, energy, service, government, or any other profession, do so because their work is valuable.

The quote of the thread is from a story Mistwalker told about meeting Andy. Although I have a fair share of aesthetically ugly knives that hold their weight in functionality and mettle, I'd like to take a moment to showcase the artistic labors of Fiddleback Forge. If you are willing to participate, I invite you to showcase some of your prettiest knives.

t1xGYl4.jpg

z1jaVy0.jpg

mIbRnOR.jpg

Featuring Bushcrafter Jr. w/ stabilized Pinecone over black w/ white pinstripes, Tapered Tang, convex on 5/32” spalted 01 steel with custom work from Patriot Leather Company

Arete w/ Sapphire burlap over natural w/ blue pinstripes, 5 mosaics, SFT Tang, convex on 1/8” spalted 01 steel with custom work from HJE Leather

*Arete and sheath pictured courtesy of steve o

Last edited:
Great thread. I'll post some pics later when I get home. The nights, of course, are beautiful. The sheets are absolutely incredible too.

The camera sucks and really does not show how nice looking these are.

Last edited:
Here are four of my favorites. IMHO, the simplicity and beauty of the natural materials in the handles make these knives perfect examples of what Fiddleback does so well.

ExpSQ6b.jpg
[/IMG]

Fun thread, and great pics folks. I got to carry a Fiddleback on a very short hike yesterday. It would have been a nice long hike up Sawnee Mtn, but we arrived to a big ole sign that said "No Pets" and since we had brought the dog, no hike for us. We settled for a much shorter hike at a different pet friendly park. It was still fun, and Hannah and I both carried Fiddlebacks. I hope y'all had a nice break also.

Some people dont know a beautiful knife. My EDC Runt .. and I mean EVERY DAY. Me & Boba-Runt take all comers.

Runt_sept8_2015.jpg

I've posted this one up before but since this is about "lookers" I'll post it up again. :thumbup:

DSC01449-vi.jpg

DSC01458-vi.jpg

Back