“Life is too short to carry an ugly knife”.

That's a good looking Nessmuk
But it doesn't look like that log has been cut with a double bit axe😜

H4s2Hbm.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I appreciate the creative bolster work coming out of the forge. Leukus thrive on fire :tyrannosaurus:

All of the knives in this thread are beautiful, but not because of ornamentation or extreme designs. In my opinion, the thing that makes Fiddlebacks so awesome is how minimalistic the designs are and how much they respect the materials in the knives.

cutchu said:

Wonderful collection of Ironwood burl! That looks like the double bolstered rosewood Hunter from Blade 2015 as well. Nice score!

dawgfan said:

The Bushboot model has such a great curve to it and, in my opinion, this contributes nicely to its secure and powerful grip. A subtly beautiful piece.

sendcakeplease said:

Awesome display of colors and mid-size Fiddlebacks. Is that a walnut cutting board behind them?

gusbuster said:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

That pin is epic.

VANCE said:

Dude this belongs in http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1257223-Fiddlebacks-on-the-Rocks Fiddlebacks on the Rocks :D

I need to get my hands on an Esquire one of these days to put into the EDC rotation.

mistwalker said:

I have seen pics of this same knife after your trips out in the field. IMHO it has only gotten cooler with age and use.

Scotcha said:

Between you and cutchu, we have museum quality ironwood here on display. I wonder how many other folks out your way are bringing in great knives?

Kal-El said:

I think everyone was trying to shark this Blade 2015 Ladyfinger for you that day! How did you manage that patina? Definitely a grail knife for many.

bonafide said:

Incredible knife and the Boba Fett bead + lanyard are SWEET.

Onedog said:

The Nessmuk is one of the most functional designs coming out of the forge, and the trinity pins over boxelder really make this a nice picture of an even nicer knife.

ncrockclimb said:
All of the knives in this thread are beautiful, but not because of ornamentation or extreme designs. In my opinion, the thing that makes Fiddlebacks so awesome is how minimalistic the designs are and how much they respect the materials in the knives.

I'm digging your matching Leuku with trinity pinout in your first post. Of course I agree entirely with the above sentiment.

Keep them coming!

Last edited:
Indeed. TheBoardSmith. Killer stuff. But actually gets very little cutting done, as it is the background for all my product photography for my business since it is so beautiful! (onestarleathergoods.com)

[QUOTE
Awesome display of colors and mid-size Fiddlebacks. Is that a walnut cutting board behind them?

Loving the pics. Nice thread Vayu, regarding your question there is actually a Member with a very nice FB collection who lives about 20 mins away from me. It's a small world [emoji3]

I agree, FB's have the perfect balance & it might sound strange but I sort of find myself connected to the blade when holding or using it. Apart from design & aesthetics it could also be the great group of people who produce them.

Andy has a brilliant way of making beautiful knives without sacrificing function:thumbup:

WOW! Everybody is breaking out some great looking knives. Since the Hard User thread came out, I thought about posting a thread like this. But it seems like some here in shark land are deeply opposed to NOT having a knife that is just ok to be a nice knife that is just existing to be admired. Personally I do not think is a big deal.

NoFair. Is the knife in the third pic down a Hunter, Duke, other?

Keep 'em coming. I know lots of you have some VERY nice Fiddlebacks in your stash. Andy, I bet you have some nice ones yourself :D

Back