“Single Bladed Slipjoints, Traditionals of course!”

KentuckyBlackBird

Basic Member
I looked and could only find something from like 2002 like this post, so I thought let’s see what’s happening with some single bladed slips! I’m a huge fan of them by default I guess. I like the medium to larger ones. I’ll start the thread out with some of my favorite single bladed EDC’s. If I’m not mistaken I think they cover at least 5 different decades between 6 knives.

Since I have discovered the usefulness of straight-edged single blades I seem to carry them a great deal of the time. Here are some of my favorites.

xJ7wvlk.jpg

wy6igYL.jpg

s6nRfpJ.jpg

eqTDwBF.jpg

Im46ZpW.jpg

There are also a couple of drop point single blades that I carry a lot, one stainless and one carbon, both #73 Scouts.

4vtoRSi.jpg

l6vTqEP.jpg

Since I have discovered the usefulness of straight-edged single blades I seem to carry them a great deal of the time. Here are some of my favorites.

xJ7wvlk.jpg

wy6igYL.jpg

s6nRfpJ.jpg

eqTDwBF.jpg

Im46ZpW.jpg

There are also a couple of drop point single blades that I carry a lot, one stainless and one carbon, both #73 Scouts.

4vtoRSi.jpg

l6vTqEP.jpg
Some great looking single blades you have there. The stag in both examples is spectacular!

Every time I read the word "slips" I think of leather pouches... not traditional or slipjoint knives.
So here's a picture of one of my favorite single blade slipjoint knives with one of its single blade "slips". ;)
Every time I read the word "slips" I think of leather pouches... not traditional or slipjoint knives.
So here's a picture of one of my favorite single blade slipjoint knives with one of its single blade "slips". ;)
Is the pouch one you made? The tooling is very cool. I like the way the stag id incorporated into it as well!

What a gorgeous knife. I’ll probably never own one, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like to, lol!! The Bose Case knives are some of my favorites. Very slick. Would that be considered a dog leg pattern?
Thank you, Eric.

Could be my imagination, but the Case TB designs that I've seen, seemed to have an exemplary quality build. When released, they usually got my attention and occasionally my money. The one you commented on is a single blade Sowbelly and possible my favorite of the bunch.

-James

Since I always have more than one knife on me I pick my single-blade traditionals without much thought about what I might be doing that day.
Just a few of mine.
John Lloyd Shadow Trapper.
3ZXAvsE.jpg

Hiroaki Ohta Swayback Gent.
o6JFCKK.jpg

Hiroaki Ohta Wharncliffe Trapper
Hfz5JSS.jpg

Jerry Halfrich Rounder Jr.
q6yUiz7.jpg

Ken Erickson Swayback Gent.
jbZyXf9.jpg

A.G. Russell Lockback.
Fc6Mbzp.jpg

Boker Club Gents
uaGK8yW.jpg

Since I always have more than one knife on me I pick my single-blade traditionals without much thought about what I might be doing that day.
Just a few of mine.
John Lloyd Shadow Trapper.
3ZXAvsE.jpg

Hiroaki Ohta Swayback Gent.
o6JFCKK.jpg

Hiroaki Ohta Wharncliffe Trapper
Hfz5JSS.jpg

Jerry Halfrich Rounder Jr.
q6yUiz7.jpg

Ken Erickson Swayback Gent.
jbZyXf9.jpg

A.G. Russell Lockback.
Fc6Mbzp.jpg

Boker Club Gents
uaGK8yW.jpg

Default taste & beauty :cool: :D

I really like a single blade and find French knives suit my taste there but I'd never want to be without a Stockman or Penknife type either :)

I put a lot of miles on this knife! Great single blade, after the two broken blades were deleted. This was an early XX Greenbone 6345 1/2 Cattle knife, made just before Case transitioned to Redbone!! 1964-ish!!!
I can't remember who I gave it to??? I hope it's still in use!!6145.jpg
6145 if you will!!! (Case never made one of course!!)

How's that large Bear and Son barlow?

They have a 4" natural bone one out right now and I've been eyeballing it like crazy. They look really nice.
I've been pleasently surpised by the Bear and Son, especially for the price.
Very smooth pull, especially to the half stop. Not a bad shut either and no blade rap. Blade is a nice carbon, not sure exactly what "5th generation" carbon means. The bevel grind is even and
I haven't needed to sharpen it yet.
The handle material on mine is ok, I'd rather get that natural bone one, but overall I'd consider buying another Bear and Son. Or a new Queen as I belive B&S are manufacturing the US Queens.

Back