“Single Bladed Slipjoints, Traditionals of course!”

I've been pleasently surpised by the Bear and Son, especially for the price.
Very smooth pull, especially to the half stop. Not a bad shut either and no blade rap. Blade is a nice carbon, not sure exactly what "5th generation" carbon means. The bevel grind is even and
I haven't needed to sharpen it yet.
The handle material on mine is ok, I'd rather get that natural bone one, but overall I'd consider buying another Bear and Son. Or a new Queen as I belive B&S are manufacturing the US Queens.
Thanks for the first hand review! Maybe il jump on it this week

Reactions: XXL
Most of my knives are Single blade . Just a few
jf6sUt6.jpg

Po2xKwO.jpg

8c07Doi.jpg

Harry

When I first came to BF in 2014, I had no interest in single-bladed folding knives. But at the end of that year, I visited my daughter, who was living in Spain at that time, and discovered that Spanish folders were almost all 1-blade knives. I've gradually acquired many single-bladed knives, and carry them regularly. (But I think my favorite folders are still multi-bladed ones.)

Here are the souvenir knives I bought in Spain almost 10 years ago (I apologize for the poor quality of the first photo - I've improved as a photographer over the past decade):

- GT

That blue burlap (?) Boker looks very nice.
Right?! The burlap color is an odd one, it is labeled as black burlap by Soligen, but its got some blue and green going on too.
It's the only blade I have that's 01 tool steel as well, one of my favorites to use.

Back