• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

01, Antler And Pewter W/ Beaded Sheath

Here's a forged 01 blade with antler handle and poured pewter collar and butt cap. It's a sweet little EDC with a "rustic" look. The sheath is veg-tan inner with sealed rawhide outer and beaded brain tan collar with fringe.
Spec's.
Steel: 01, forged, triple quench and temper. Satin finish.
AOL: 7 1/4"
Blade: 2 7/8"
Width: 5/8"
Handle: Antler tine, poured pewter, brass pin
Price: $85.00 includes shipping CONUS. PayPal, check or money orderSOLD, THANKS MIKE!
100_4398.jpg

100_4400.jpg

Rick, did you make this knife? I just noticed you're not a "knife maker", but a "basic member"? It's just that if you're not the maker, you should be selling this over in the other for sale section for customs. This is a knifemakers for sale forum. Hope I'm not out of line for asking, and I'm in no way trying to cause trouble on your thread. I just couldn't help but notice your handle isn't a "knife maker". Nice knife though.

Rick is a super knifemaker as well as a great guy. He also makes his own sheaths. Bill

Rick, did you make this knife? I just noticed you're not a "knife maker", but a "basic member"? It's just that if you're not the maker, you should be selling this over in the other for sale section for customs. This is a knifemakers for sale forum. Hope I'm not out of line for asking, and I'm in no way trying to cause trouble on your thread. I just couldn't help but notice your handle isn't a "knife maker". Nice knife though.

Click on his his name, then click on ...view his profile..... Then click on...view all threads started by Rick Lowe..... Go through his past threads, look at the pics, & that should answer any doubts about whether he's a knifemaker or not. Clearly he is, & a very good one at that. :thumbup:

Just to clear up the question from Friendofbill, I paid for the maker level about a year ago. For some reason, two months ago the avatar started showing just the "basic member" level. After 6 emails trying to clear that up, with no response, I just gave up. Don't believe I could post here without having paid the proper fee. Also, if you'll take note of the mark on the blade, that's mine. It only goes on knives that are entirely my work as are the sheaths. No offense taken, but I thought it best to clear that issue. I'd sure rather have the "maker" show myself.

Thanks Bill!

Rick that's a beauty, that "rustic" look is my favorite. Can you tell me how you pour the pewter collar, or refer me to a link that explains the process? I have some pewter and have been wanting to try it. I'm an amateur and occasional knife maker, not a pro.

I bought one of Ricks knives with all intentions of keeping it for show...ended up taking it hunting with me....field dressed, skinned and processed the entire deer with the little knife....still shaving sharp....havnt had to re sharpen it....GREAT knife and i highly recommend Ricks work!

Coldwood,

I'd be happy to explain the pewter pouring. It really isn't difficult, just takes some time to set up. Shoot me an email at: ruger315@bellsouth.net and I'll give you some tips.

Rick

Back