1,000 Post Giveaway Winning post #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're allowing 3 entries, this is my 3rd. If not, disregard... This was something fun we did a while back on a camping trip. We dug a fairly deep fire pit and piled in a bunch of logs bonfire style. We noticed there was a lot of heat coming from it (much more than we've typically had in a campfire). It was so hot and bright in the core of the fire that it hurt to look at it. So, out of curiosity, we started throwing various stuff in there... our paper trash (plates, napkins, etc.), various organic items (leftovers, seeds, bones), aluminum cans, and a glass bottle. Everything up to the cans pretty much disintegrated in seconds. The bottle seemed to disappear within about a minute as well. When we dug it out the next morning, all that was left was a badly deformed puddle of glass. For reference, the melting points of aluminum and glass are 1200 F and 2700 F.

Campfire in its early stages:
Campfire_800x476.jpg

Bottle dug up the next morning:
Melted_Bottle_800x448.jpg

And, because this is a knife forum, might as well post some knife pics. Here are my ZT's:
ZT_0301_0350_Tree_800x478.jpg

second entry!

Since I live in the wettest county on earth. I figured I'd share this pic of an old moonshine runners drag strip. It is in pretty poor shape now, but the owners of the land have a car show every year there. It is pretty neat all hidden back in the woods off a dirt road. and if you look around at the people close enough you will still see them drinking shine!

1001011311_zps62e81c98.jpg

Last edited:
Second entry.

Here's my pride and joy, a Blue Titanium Bump with a Krein regrind, resting on a Ti Tyrade, to boot.:D

Attachments

• 1-29-09-Krein-Bump-Grind.JPG
    1-29-09-Krein-Bump-Grind.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 9
and i'll go back to back for my third entry. My favorite place. Section UO, Row F, Seat 27:

CameraZOOM-20120908122925933.jpg

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
In for my third entry. Just something I came across while scrolling through some pictures, great times at a demolition durby
57366_469713772896_5417883_o.jpg

And for me third entry I show you the gift I put together for my little sister when she turned 21!

1027012334_zps186c93b9.jpg

Sit UBU, sit.

Second entry.

Here's my pride and joy, a Blue Titanium Bump with a Krein regrind, resting on a Ti Tyrade, to boot.:D

I want that Bump! I have never seen, nor heard of a Krein regrind bump. Looks awesome, I want to see more pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back