• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

1-14-17 Money's on Wood

VCM3

Dealer / Materials Provider
Platinum Member
Good morning,pictures of the knives will follow my text below,in separate posts Thank You

I have a neat deal for you today. I bought this GEC 72 recently,thinking it was the same size as the Case Bose lockback hunter. There's a thread in the Trad. sub forum that show's a comparison picture ,and somehow I mis read thinking the 72 was larger. Anyhow this is pre owned and I carried it a day or two,but then I polished it up nice,it is immaculate with good lock and centered blade. Nice thin grind,nice bone,they do a fantastic job over there at GEC. I have the tube & wax paper too.

$75. shipped in the States via USPS Priority ,Paypal fee's included

Then,I have one of my parer's left over. I had sold 2,but then the fella ordered a ham slicer with vintage micarta and we opted to do one of his parers in a matching handle,so this one became an extra.

Here is the text from a previous sale thread

This is a paring knife that has an un used,salvaged blade from the Clyde Cutlery Co.,in Clyde OH. They were founded in 1850 and made cutlery until 1960. The factory burned down in 1970.
I removed rust off the blade as gently as possible. Some had logo's,some did not . For scales I hafted book matched figured olivewood ,with nickel pins. The wood is not stabilized. Prior to sanding/profiling the handle,I "peen" the pins for holding strength,so you will see diameter variations in some cases,they all come out a little different. Wash dry by hand & it should be fine. No dishwashers please.
This is a nice " old time" paring knife with a spiffy handle
OAL is 6-3/4" ,the blade is 2-7/8" with 2.5" of cutting edge.It is about 1/16" thick blade stock.
I hand honed this out & it's razor sharp. It'll hold a good edge and you'll be pleased when you go to touch it up,it will not be stubborn.
Something about carbon steel blades ,ya' know ?

This knife is $45. shipped in the States via USPS Priority and Paypal fee's are included

One of the fella's sent me these

16111222_10154059227461861_1301614261_n_zpspoplergh.jpg

16111723_10154059227466861_359577883_n_zpss56skuhc.jpg

What I'd really like though,is that you purchase both together for $100. even. Shipped together via USPS Priority and Paypal fee's included . That's a nice little deal.

Next posts wil be pics of the knives Thanks Again,-Vince

"Old Time Grandma's Paring Knife"

DSCN6897_zpsm8b4tsfz.jpg

DSCN6899_zpsirysgtnz.jpg

DSCN6900_zpsazqzdixc.jpg

bottom
DSCN6901_zpslhvk24al.jpg

DSCN6902_zpsp5w5vyuq.jpg

$100. gets both Thanks :thumbup:

Back