• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Good +1 for Jimmy the Benchmade Forum Mod

Petunia D. Feeble

I once waved at Stevie Wonder…
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I posted a thread yesterday whining about the centering on my 560 Freek and got a little gem of a technique from Jimmy to help center the blade. More accurately to level the pivot between the scales.

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/sad-day-for-a-bm-owner.1493511/

Worked like a charm once I figured out what he was saying.

It would be nice if the things would just stay centered to begin with, but at least we have a rep here on the forum now who's active and engaged. Saved me the trouble of sending it in for service and possibly others down the road.

He also never once mentioned anything about disassembly voiding a warranty. :D

As the OP has made his title +1, then I guess this'll be +2 (or plus one more or whatever). Anyway, I read Bryce's thread including Jimmy's suggestion and the OP's additional comments and posted a fairly long pictorial there with my adaptation of Jimmy's excellent blade-centering technique.

It is indeed great to have a Benchmade rep/mod over at the BF/BM forum. Jimmy's been responsive to BMK comments and complaints and is not only a design engineer but a knife guy too. :cool:

Cool guys thanks for the support. I am really glad you guys were able to figure this out (it's not easy to explain over the internet). Also, glad to hear you were able to center up your blades to your liking. :thumbsup:

Back