1 Year Sober! Thank You

I wanted to let you all know I am going through a pretty hard time. You may not see me around as often. My beautiful wife (& children) and I are separating. I did it to myself. Threw my life away, so to speak. Recently started going to AA if that gives you a clue.

That being said, I will be selling some knives. I wanted to give you fine people the opportunity before I put them for sale on the other places. If anyone wants to hear about what is for sale please email me at erictheredbeard@outlook.com . I will be doing inventory and taking pictures very soon.

If you don't need any knives, maybe ask your higher power to help me get through this. I believe it can all work out in the end. Just going to take time, a lot of hard work, and help from the big man. Feel free to email me anytime. Thanks for listening.

[edit]
I don't really NEED to sell knives anymore but I usually have a lot of them. Check with Yangdu first to see what she has in stock. If she is out of anything you can email me and I will try to get you one if I have one.

Last edited:
I think your fine here so far but if you post for sale with pictures, you'll have to do so in the sales thread. Not here.
This is a bladeforum rule.
Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope it all works out and doesn't take too long to happen.

Sounds like you are owning up to mistakes and taking steps to attempt to make amends. Takes a strong person to do that, regardless how it shakes out in the end. Put in the effort, keep everyone’s best interests at heart.

One day, one hour, one minute at a time.

Wishing you the best in your recovery. If you want to do it, you will do it. I was an alcoholic and addict for over 10 years, kicked it cold turkey one day, when I hit rock bottom. You can do it, if you want to, and it must be for yourself, no one else, not even for your family.

You can post pics, and sell, on the HI facebook page and Cantina page, the rules that control this forum do not exist there. Just an FYI.

Hang in brother, you can do it. Struggle is real and only you can make a change, you seem like a strong person so I have complete faith you can make it happen.

Thank you all for the encouraging words. Tomorrow will be 7 days sober. Taking it a day at a time. It is humbling how many people I have in my corner. It means a lot.

We have had more than a few forum family members battle the demon in a bottle. A good number of them have been sober for well over a decade or decades.

I wish you the absolute best. My brother in law has recently started down the same path to recovery. He's been clean 8 months.

We're here for you. As one of my absolute favorite posters has said, be gentle with yourself.

Keep your head up man. Take it one day at a time. Every day sober is a victory.
Thanks brother. I just noticed you and I joined the forum on the same day. What are the chances of that?

Believe it or not, I have had ZERO desire to drink. I keep seeing this picture in my head of a balance scale with my beautiful family standing on one side and booze on the other. It has been pretty easy not drink so far. Today I moved out. I can imagine it might be harder when I'm on my own. I am continuing my treatment which has been a big help. Thank you all again for the thoughts and prayers. Day 8 feels pretty good.

I wanted to let everyone know that I have never experienced anything like this forum. You guys wouldn't believe the overwhelming support I have received through email after posting this. Or maybe you would. This is a place FULL of really special people. I want to thank everyone again for the kind words and encouragement I have received. If I make it through the day, today will be day 12 sober. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

This is a special little place on the internet, unlike any other. We don't judge here, we support, and care for another without reservation.

Let the world have its issues, I come here to get away from all that, and it has never failed me.

You ever need the support, come on by, take a load off, and spill it, we'll be here to mop it up.

Back