1 Year Sober! Thank You

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by EricTheRedBeard, Feb 8, 2019.

1. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Well said Cul, Eric we are here for you, to lend a hand or encouragement or just a kind word. You can do it man and grats on 12 days before you know it, it will be 12 months. Hang in brother.

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  2. falar

falar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Good luck to you, hope you get what you need.

I'm probably going to sell many of my HIs soon as well, probably just in two "lots" though. I accidentally took over a room in my house with knives/swords and besides the clutter dusting, oiling, wiping, etc is a major chore now.

3. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard

May 17, 2018
    Howdy all,

Just wanted to let you know things are going better than expected for me. Today is day 30 sober! I haven't been 30 days without booze in over 10 years! I am extremely grateful for the support I have received from my brothers of the bent blade. Slowly but surely the life that I unraveled is coming back together. Taking it step by step and day by day. Much thanks to this forum and all who have held me in their thoughts and prayers.

4. kickert

kickert

Jan 1, 2019
    All the best man. Congrats on 30 day!

5. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Grats Eric. IF you made it 30 days man you can do it!

6. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Congrats! Keep going, gets easier, and easier.

7. Edc.n.Stuff

Edc.n.Stuff Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2018
    Praying for you, brother.

8. pugs75

Oct 21, 2009
    Keep rocking brother you got this!!! Stay strong man.

9. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard

May 17, 2018
    Thanks again for the kind words, guys. Here is a picture of my newly acquired treasure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Old Biker and kickert like this.
  10. cul4u01

Dec 5, 2012
    Congrats Bro! Doing great. Hang in there.

11. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    Good luck man. With some faith in god you will come out even stronger on the other side. We are all pulling for you and your recovery is something I am sure everyone wants to help you with, but in the end you have to value yourself as a person.

If you find it hard to take better care of yourself for your own sake as so many men do, then take care of yourself so that way you can be more effective at caring for the people you love. You owe it to them to be able to perform at your best.

I don’t know you but I am still so proud to see someone do what you are doing.

12. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Grats Eric! That went by fast! Hang in there brother!

13. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard

May 17, 2018
    Hello again friends,

I don't really need to sell any knives anymore. It has been a long seven months. With the help of many I have been able to stay away from drinking. My life is infinitely better than it was before. I have moved back home. My wife is a much happier person now as well. As long as I continue to take it seriously, and keep making the good choice, things keep getting better and better. It is still difficult at times but I know, very deep down, that it is worth it. Thanks again for the many encouraging emails, good thoughts, and prayers. I believe they have been a big help to me.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  14. cul4u01

Dec 5, 2012
    Congrats Brother! Everything will fall into place, just keep doing you, and you'll be just fine. When it gets difficult, think about what you could've lost, and that will put what you are doing into a very clear perspective.

RayseM, JJ_Colt45 and EricTheRedBeard like this.
  15. pugs75

Oct 21, 2009
    Congrats as well Brother, keep the fight and stay strong. You can do it especially now you have come so far. It must be a great feeling to be back home, that is the only thing that truly matters.

EricTheRedBeard, RayseM and JJ_Colt45 like this.
  16. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    I'm happy for you and cheering for you! Steady on my Brother :thumbsup:

Ray

17. Kismet

Kismet Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 30, 2002
    One day at a time is phrase I kept repeating over the past 40 years. Not an issue anymore, but I MAKE it an issue. Kept on asking "why me?" in early days. I came to the conclusion that it makes no difference why, it IS. One might as well wonder why they have diabetes, the answer's pretty much the same: It makes no difference why, you can't drink , so don't.

Be gentle with yourself.

18. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard

May 17, 2018
    Thanks Kismet. You are right. Doesn't matter why, just have to embrace the truth. At first everything was terrible but, step by step, my life has become so much better after admitting the truth and trying to do the next right thing daily. I really appreciate the encouragement.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Kismet and Kiteman72 like this.
  19. Kismet

Kismet Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Eric?

You will always have my best wishes on your journey. If and when I can be of some assistance, I will do my best to aid.

We're all in this together, in some unfathomable way. You are probably already finding that your social circle will modify itself, with former social companions drifting away, and new folks becoming fast friends. You may find, as i did, that the former group is no longer very interesting--a change in focus, perhaps.

Be gentle with yourself, hear?

:thumbsup:

20. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Good to hear things are going better!
    Congrats, and keep taking it one day at a time.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020