105 (now 106) GEC Giveaway - A Counting Game - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Packaging for 100 GEC’s. 98 tubes, one tube-less cap, and one box (Schrade-branded #23 made by GEC in 2007).

ArsnAQP.jpg

7VImj2U.jpg

95 Theses. [Not posted to make a statement or start a discussion; merely an allusion to an important historical event.]

This one took me by surprise. Even more so as I was raised as lutheran. Well done!

Almost missed it... 96 Playing Cards. :D

Showed this to my Star Trek TNG crazy wife, she saw no knife!

ETA: Another number where I posted too late to "advance the cause"! :eek:
And another Wingspan score, my wife's winning score of 96 in another mother/daughter showdown almost 2 weeks ago.
(Note that the total number of eggs played across the 2 games shown on this scoresheet is 94, a recent target number.)
View attachment 1397890
The second game on the scoresheet is one my wife and I played last night; Below are a couple of photos of the end-state of the game, one showing everything and a close-up of my board to show the detail of the cards. There's a knife in the game photos, but not in the pic of the scoresheet.
View attachment 1397897
View attachment 1397898

S SnailOffTheTrail , I enjoy the game, and I like it more than I thought I would. I've only played 10 times, I think, but one thing I really like is that to succeed at the game, a player has to be able to adapt her/his strategy to the particular cards the player happens to draw. You can't always say, for example, "If I get as many eggs as I can, I'll win." That works for some situations, but in other situations you might get cards that have low egg capacities along with cards that must be played in woodland or wetland habitat, which reduces your egg-generation ability. Another example: sometimes things work out so you have lots of food resources (necessary to play bird cards into the habitats on the board), while in my two most recent games, I was always scrambling to find ways to generate food tokens.

- GT

Thank you very much for quick review!

Back