105 (now 106) GEC Giveaway - A Counting Game - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

EPIC GAW, amusing, challenging and sometimes inducing despair :D:thumbsup:

Got a pic I was going to post, just a minute or more...

Yes, back. Got FED UP with trying to count the armour scales on the elephant's saddle:eek: my eyesight is failing so it became tiresome, a drink or two didn't really enhance matters either :D Likewise another shot I ditched that had just too many, how many??? Wild Strawberry leaves, or was it the veins in them;)

6rlzBZq.jpg

Last edited:
Life cannot be the same now, I can't look at objects with the same unjaundiced eye ;):D
Will, that's known as The Math Curse! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_Curse

If any of y’all have posts that you got ready but then missed the number, or ideas that you thought of after a number had already gone by, feel free to post them now. Any posts for any number between 1 and 106 is welcome! (Heck, if you have a post for 150, or 564, or 10,816, go ahead and share those, too!) :D
Here's an 86 that I prepared as "insurance", in case I missed getting my almost-identical 85 posted in time:
86.pbm&ms.opinel#6.jpg

Thanks for creating this fun and addictive GAW, Barrett! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: I have to admit that I have not been keeping up with my usual threads on The Porch due to your GAW (and family visiting, packing and traveling for vacation, and doing "vacation stuff"). Thanks to all the participants for their creative and entertaining contributions! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Here are 2 that I planned on entering that got passed by very quickly before I had a chance.

8 acorn caps with a Tuna Valley lightning wood knife. and 17 eggs gathered from our chicken coop, with a Tuna Valley sweybelly.

Also, thanks again for the opportunity Barrett. This was fun.
full
full

Holy smolly!!! You folks finished this off in a hurry!! Had a photo ready for 105 to finish the game (now 106).
Here it was...
105 letters visible on book cover and knife...
79C11DD7-4ED5-4AED-8113-D349A95758DC.jpeg
A great book and an absolutely amazing GAW from a perfect gentleman.
Thank you for the fun, and the chance to win, Barrett.
Enjoy the weather!

Here are 2 that I planned on entering that got passed by very quickly before I had a chance.

8 acorn caps with a Tuna Valley lightning wood knife. and 17 eggs gathered from our chicken coop, with a Tuna Valley sweybelly.

Also, thanks again for the opportunity Barrett. This was fun.
full
full

Absolutely beautiful photos!! Glad you shared those!

I also feel that, were I speaking as Pedantic Adjudicator;):rolleyes::D, there are quantities of thistledown in there too! I'm seeking a verified re-count;).

But, maybe we should follow Stalin's paraphrase-likely a myth- about not WHO votes but WHO counts the votes:D Something for your forthcoming election....?:eek:;)
Hey, no politics! ;)
I don't know about recounting, Will. It's pretty hot in those fields. A high of only 93 expected today, 96 tomorrow. Fahrenheit. (Okay, I didn't really count them. :p )

Thank you Barrett, for great fun. I really did enjoy the game.

Here are some photos I wasn't fast enough to post:

64 pieces in this jigsaw puzzle:
IMG-20200809-150544.jpg

65 here:
IMG-20200809-150417.jpg

67 rooms on this evacuation plan:
IMG-20200809-154020-2.jpg

And I thought it would be fun to verify that there are 78 triangles here:
IMG-20200814-135155.jpg
I'll take your words for it.
You wouldn't tell us a untruth, after all. :)

Back