11/10/12 MI Fall Gathering Details

In less than two weeks it will be time to assemble for the MI Fall Gathering. This thread is to firm up the details of attendance and supplies. Unlike the Waterloo cabin, the Pinckney Rec yurt is heated with propane (supplied) so we will be responsible for our own stash of firewood. There is also a propane stove, but we need to supply the canisters. Other than that, it's business as usual. Post here if you plan on coming, and make note of what your food contribution will be. If anyone has any questions or comments, post them here. I'll start.

jds1 Sunday morning breakfast supplies

Jeff

Last edited:
mqqn and Kirill - Steaks and bakers.

best

mqqn

Make sure you post how much the yurt is, and about how much firewood will cost, so we know how much money to bring!

Just for fun, what knives are you all bringing? I plan on at least three. Only one week away!

Old Buck Frontiersman
Personal Steak Knife
Victorinox Farmer (thanks Todd!)

I'll bring my Snakewood Galley Wag, my Combat Survival kit, and the DBH of course!

Let's get a head count so I can buy steaks etc.

best

mqqn

Looks like this will be our smallest Gathering. We currently have a mere four confirmed participants.

Jeff

I'll bring my Snakewood Galley Wag, my Combat Survival kit, and the DBH of course!

Let's get a head count so I can buy steaks etc.

best

mqqn

The DBH is the ultimate camp tool! Great for moving burning wood from the campfire to the cooking grill.

I'm jealous. I hope you guys have a beer for me.

Just kidding of course. I wish I could be there. You guys are the best!!!

If the head count is that much lower than previous gatherings, I think we'll be having hand-carved filets. ;^)

best

mqqn

I wish I could make it guys, but the man is keeping me down.:D

6 day workweeks are nice to have, but they have basically eliminate any chance for a social life.

I hope there will be plenty (not incriminating :D) pictures to share.

Have fun, folks.

11/10-11/11 mostly sunny, high of 56 and low of 42, 10% chance of rain.

Bringing the firewood from home.

Jeff

Back