11/10/12 MI Fall Gathering Details

The tenderloin roll has been purchased. The TK2 will be doing the cleaning of the roll tomorrow before I send him off to his next reviewer.

We will again eat good and have a great time!!

best

mqqn

Sounds great! When you mentioned that Kirill was bringing throwing knives, I went out and made one to bring along to try out. Also, I`ve got some "surprises" for everyone. ;)

The good weather forecast is holding with ~60 for high and ~45 for low both days. Uncle Bill is confirmed so we now have five attending. I will cover the cost of the yurt and firewood (no arguments) and Uncle Bill will be bringing Sunday breakfast supplies. Everyone can bring their favorite beverages. Andy, do you have exact directions to the site?

Jeff

The good weather forecast is holding with ~60 for high and ~45 for low both days. Uncle Bill is confirmed so we now have five attending. I will cover the cost of the yurt and firewood (no arguments) and Uncle Bill will be bringing Sunday breakfast supplies. Everyone can bring their favorite beverages. Andy, do you have exact directions to the site?

Jeff

No I do not - unless it is written on a Jack Daniels bottle ;^)

best

mqqn

I`m going to pick up some instant coffee, so be sure to bring a cup with you.

The yurt location:
11840 Glenbrook Road
Pinckney, MI

Jeff

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352324937.507081.jpg

I'm out at the yurt now and it's a sweet
location. We'll be treated to a great sunset from the deck or around the fire-pit. You guys are gonna love it! There's nobody here, so I'm going to enjoy the view for a bit. :)

Jeff

Last edited:
Nice!

What will we need to cook the steaks? The taters Kirill will do "Russian style" on the fire, but I want to make sure we can cook the filets!

best

mqqn

This is just an awesome spot. Can't wait for the weekend! :)

Jeff

The sunset was pretty darn nice. Bring folding camp chairs if you got 'em.

Jeff

Picked up jalapena bratwurst, buns, paper plates, and instant coffee today.

Cool! Is there any forage (for firewood) around the area?

Do you need me to bring anything? I am bringing steaks, I will bring plates for the steaks (heavier chinet etc), spicy apple juice and diet coke, bottled water, some plastic cups and two folding chairs.

Let me know - Now I am getting excited to get up there!

If you could send me a map location so we know where the new yurt is I would appreciate it!

best

mqqn

I have one folding chair that I will bring. Bags are packed, sleeping bag rolled up, "goodies" stashed. I`m also bringing a pot to boil water for coffee, and some Drift Creek Gourmet spices.

Last edited:
Back