• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

11" S35VN Carving Knife, Claro Walnut and Spalted Hackberry

Here is my most recent completion, a nice big carving knife perfect for your big protein work. It has a full flat plungeless grind, taken nice and thin behind the edge and sharp enough to easily shave hair. All the pertinent specs should be listed below, if there are any other numbers or info you would like just let me know. If you go to my site you can see the pics in better resolution.

-11" S35VN stainless blade, steel sourced from Aldo, heat treatment by Peters' to 60 HRC
-Stabilized Claro Walnut with fiddleback figure, and stabilized Spalted Hackberry Handle
-G10 and copper spacer materials
-Two Brass corbys and stainless/copper/brass mosaic pin
-Hand finished to 600 grit satin
-0.005" edge before sharpening
-16" OAL
-Cherrywood Saya with hand carved blade relief
$500 shipped

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask! Thanks so much for looking.

Phil Wheeler

t8e9qb3l.jpg

h5yjeABl.jpg

PNhW2xtl.jpg

mXAbLJpl.jpg

TZ66xJJl.jpg

GbAX8fLl.jpg

w51iuBjl.jpg

eNLjMqTl.jpg

Last edited:
That is one good looking design and workmanship! I like the way the blade is handled at the point. The spalted wood with dark wood is what my wife likes in her kitchen knifes, except with an ivory spacer the way you have copper spacer. I'm starting a carving knife for the wife this weekend - if you don't mind I'd like to use your general blade design?

Ken H>

That is one good looking design and workmanship! I like the way the blade is handled at the point. The spalted wood with dark wood is what my wife likes in her kitchen knifes, except with an ivory spacer the way you have copper spacer. I'm starting a carving knife for the wife this weekend - if you don't mind I'd like to use your general blade design?

Ken H>

Not at all Ken, thanks for asking, and thanks very much for the compliment!

Back