Photos 110 possible warranty Question

An off-center blade that doesn't affect functionality? Geesh, a Congress would send you guys into a spasm.

I think it's unreasonable to expect a manufacturer to warranty something like this. If you want to be hypercritical about such things just buy knives in person so you can inspect them.
I don't care about the looks, I'm worried it hitting the side could effect function over time.

I understand your decision to keep the knife. Online returns are a hassle. It would be much simpler if your local Walmart would offer an exchange. You could simply drive there and get an exchange in a matter of minutes. (might be worth looking into)

That's unfortunate because I'm willing to bet that if a picture like yours of the blade rubbing the liner was included in the sales ad, you probably wouldn't have bought the knife. Whether there was a risk of future problems or not.

Looking at your picture....

I would think that if you had a tray full of Buck 110s, and you were to do a quick visual inspection before shipping those knives, this knife would stand out and be pulled. It's pretty obvious that it's basically rubbing.

I'm really not that picky about my users.
An off center knife doesn't bother me....
....tho it's easy to say this knife wouldn't bother me having never received one this far off.

I would hope that knife doesn't fall within acceptable Q.C. standards.
At least pull the knife and sell it in the factory store as a blem.

I'd probably keep it and use it.
But I really wouldn't like it.

And depending on how much money a person makes can greatly influence their satisfaction with this purchase.

Last edited:
I understand your decision to keep the knife. Online returns are a hassle. It would be much simpler if your local Walmart would offer an exchange. You could simply drive there and get an exchange in a matter of minutes. (might be worth looking into)

That's unfortunate because I'm willing to bet that if a picture like yours of the blade rubbing the liner was included in the sales ad, you probably wouldn't have bought the knife. Whether there was a risk of future problems or not.
Good point.
I typically don't care about blade centering, but I wouldn't have purchased that if I had seen it first.

I've seen ads for knives stating they wouldn't address questions regarding blade centering.
If this is supposed to be acceptable, I wouldn't want it.

Good point.
I typically don't care about blade centering, but I wouldn't have purchased that if I had seen it first.

I've seen ads for knives stating they wouldn't address questions regarding blade centering.
If this is supposed to be acceptable, I wouldn't want it.
I agree. If anyone on this forum got to pick between two 110s - one with an off-center blade and one with a blade rubbing the liner, I'm guessing no one would pick the latter.

I agree. If anyone on this forum got to pick between two 110s - one with an off-center blade and one with a blade rubbing the liner, I'm guessing no one would pick the latter.

This is the crux of the matter, you're not picking. If you're buying online somebody is throwing the next knife in the stack into a box and shipping it to you. They neither know nor care what you obsess over. You could be buying a customer return. You could buy a gem.

If you are going to stress over a detail like an off center blade you either buy from someone with a liberal return policy, or you buy in person.

When you're buying something like a 110, you're buying a $60 knife that is churned out by the thousands. The 110 is a no nonsense, functional, workhorse of a knife. It's not an art piece. They vary in appearance, but very few leave the factory in unusable condition. An off center blade does not affect the knife's function or its long term durability, that's internet lunacy. Buck is second to none when it comes to standing behind their product. If it does fail due to a blade rub, they'll replace it. That knife would undoubtedly go into their museum. It'd be the first knife to ever fail due to a blade rub.

The OP said it's "pretty much touching one side".

That's supposed to be acceptable?
Really?

Off center.... Ok.
Touching..... Nope.

My apprentice would make that one again.
What you accept is what you teach.
I wouldn't expect my customer to live a lifetime with that level of workmanship.

Regardless of warranty.

Last edited:
Greetings,
I just received my first buck 110 in the mail today. Love it except the blade is pretty off center. Pretty much touching one side. Also the brass is not polished on the bolster where the back lock release is. I will attach photos best I can. Do you guys think this is something that could lead to problems down the road and I should try to get warrantied, or just chill because its nothing to worry about?
Thanks guys.

If your blade is rubbing please send it back to us, and we will make it right. We do not consider centering a QC issue unless it is rubbing on the sides when open or closing. It appears from your photo that the blade is rubbing. Please address the outside of the package to
BKI
Attn: Forum
660 S. Lochsa St.
Post Falls, ID 83854
We can either repair it or send out a replacement. Please also include a return address and reference to your post.

Me, personally, I wouldn’t be bothered too much by the off center blade or the unfinished brass in the lock area. Especially since you got the knife to use, and it was $40. I don’t spend more than $60 or $70 on a knife but my tastes tend to run more inexpensively. Some people can afford more and some can’t. That knife, flawed or not, will last you a lifetime. I have more than a few 110s and I’ll never use them all in my lifetime. I like them so I acquire them, not as collectibles, but as something I can use because I enjoy using them. For $40, it would be more of an inconvenience to ship it back and wait for a repair or replacement. If I paid over $100 for it, that might be a different story. YMMV. To each their own — if you like it, keep it; if not, send it back for repair or replacement. Or get another one and have two 😁

I'm sure it is..Of all the knife companies in the USA Buck goes above and beyond in there Customer service and basically how they treat their customers. Buck has always had a presence on the Forum here including Chuck himself before he passed away. Without exception they are dedicated to both the collectors and users of there products.

Is this a legit account? The Buck account I mean.
Yes, many of us have been quietly lurking on the forums for years. Jeff Hubbard who has been the moderator on the Buck Knives Forum is passing the torch. I hope we can fill his shoes. He is not leaving the company, quite the opposite his role at Buck Knives is now more than the QC Manager. We are stepping in to help fill the void.

Yes, many of us have been quietly lurking on the forums for years. Jeff Hubbard who has been the moderator on the Buck Knives Forum is passing the torch. I hope we can fill his shoes. He is not leaving the company, quite the opposite his role at Buck Knives is now more than the QC Manager. We are stepping in to help fill the void.
Welcome! We are glad to have you here!

If you bought it to use it, as long as it locks up good I wouldn’t worry about it. I have 8 or 10 110’s dating from around 1972-2019 or so, and none are exactly alike even though they’re the same. Some have blade wobble, some don’t.
I have one 3 dot with lock rock and blade wobble. It’s so loose I can drop-open it very easily, and I like that believe it or not. The blade is pitted and missing about 1/16” in height from wear. It was a cheap pawn shop find and was like that when I found it and after using it pretty hard for 2-3 years intermittently it’s gotten no worse. In fact, it’s the only one I actually carry since I got it.
Most of mine have the unpolished area around the lock. I think my older knives don’t have that but could be the previous owners polished them? Most of mine, when the blades are closed, have good amounts of play in the blade but still lock up nice. Strangely enough, the oldest one I have is also the smoothest, tightest lockup of them all. Me, I wouldn’t do anything but use the crap out of it however, if it aggravates you then send it in to them. They’ll make it right. All the above is just me trying to give some different perspective on it. I also don’t use a sheath anymore, I pocket carry the 110 when i carry it, so it’s constantly getting polished I reckon.

Back