112 LT. Really guys? You had to do this to the classic 112 design? Ugly as sin.

Buck does not attach the blade to brass handled knives then sand them down. They make the blade, remove the bump on the blade, then fit it to the handle.
I believe this in incorrect. Buck assembles the brass 110 and 112 with bumps on the blade and backspring, followed by sanding to even out the spine. This video shows assembly. Go to 4:25 to see it being pinned together, bumps intact:

I thought maybe the lumps were added so that if a needed back spring change or blade change through warranty was ever needed ,that they would have a good chance at grinding thrm down to make the new blade/ back spring fit better,as sometimes a blade change will show that the new back spring doesn't mate perfectly with the new blade...

Personally, I like it... as long as they maintain their brass versions. For the price, I prefer the Buck LT's to other options (I like thick handles on knives I use for random utility tasks) and the closest inexpensive folder option (at least for the 110LT) that satisfies my handle criteria, good steel, and reduced price is a wooden Opinel or a box cutter (both of which I like). I really don't like using the thinner handled KAI, BM, Spyderco, ZT, etc. for everyday use. I might be in a tiny minority, but I like the LT models, and even don't mind modifying them to feel even better in my hand. Not as easy with the brass variants and a lot more expensive if I make a mistake, break it, or lose it.

I will admit, that the 112 LT really feels it's size in the hand. The 112 feels like a bigger knife (expecially with a DP). The 110 LT (DP version) has replaced the 112 and 112LT as my favorite Buck EDC.

Back