1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

112 LT. Really guys? You had to do this to the classic 112 design? Ugly as sin.

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by knarfeng, Jul 14, 2019.

1. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    sassafrassdogs3 and Lesknife like this.
  2. plb

plb

Jun 22, 2013
    I believe this in incorrect. Buck assembles the brass 110 and 112 with bumps on the blade and backspring, followed by sanding to even out the spine. This video shows assembly. Go to 4:25 to see it being pinned together, bumps intact:

st8yd, AntDog, Tecate and 2 others like this.
  3. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    @Makael
    My apologies. I stand corrected.

4. RAZORBLADES

RAZORBLADES

Aug 14, 2006
    I thought maybe the lumps were added so that if a needed back spring change or blade change through warranty was ever needed ,that they would have a good chance at grinding thrm down to make the new blade/ back spring fit better,as sometimes a blade change will show that the new back spring doesn't mate perfectly with the new blade...

5. Scott321

Scott321

Jul 20, 2016
    Personally, I like it... as long as they maintain their brass versions. For the price, I prefer the Buck LT's to other options (I like thick handles on knives I use for random utility tasks) and the closest inexpensive folder option (at least for the 110LT) that satisfies my handle criteria, good steel, and reduced price is a wooden Opinel or a box cutter (both of which I like). I really don't like using the thinner handled KAI, BM, Spyderco, ZT, etc. for everyday use. I might be in a tiny minority, but I like the LT models, and even don't mind modifying them to feel even better in my hand. Not as easy with the brass variants and a lot more expensive if I make a mistake, break it, or lose it.

I will admit, that the 112 LT really feels it's size in the hand. The 112 feels like a bigger knife (expecially with a DP). The 110 LT (DP version) has replaced the 112 and 112LT as my favorite Buck EDC.

bucksway and Lesknife like this.