• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

12.5" 52100 Gyuto with Marbled Cocobolo handle *SOLD*

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I've got a gyuto up for sale today. It's Aldo's 52100 Steel with Marble Cocobolo from Greenberg Woods here on BF. The bolster is black paper micarta and it has bronze liners and pins. The grind is full flat with the bottom 1/4 convexed to aid in food release. The spine and choil are rounded. The blade has a distal taper. It comes with a padded zippered case.

Specs:
OAL: 12.5"
Blade: 7.5" Distally tapered, combined full flat and convex grinds, hand finished to 600 grit. Heel height 1.9", edge is 0.007" before sharpening. Sharpened to 17 DPS with the KME system and stropped with green compound.
Steel: 52100 carbon steel, heat treated by Peter's to RC61
Handle: Marbled Cocobolo, black paper micarta handle. Micarta and bronze liners and pins

$SOLD shipped CONUS, international buyers welcome, shipping is extra.
Paypal, checks and money orders accepted
Post "I'll take it here in this thread and then PM or email me (robertericksonknives at gmail dot com) for payment arrangements.
Comments/questions/ critiques welcome.
Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
that is really tempting for me :) Also, a fantastic value!

The pictures didn't do this one justice, much nicer in hand! Superb fit and finish, could not be any sharper, love the rounded spine and choil and all at a great price! Thanks Robert

Back