$150 knife with tradability

In that case, a Spyderco Para Military 2 might be a good choice.

If you get it in hand and just don't like it, you should be able to sell it for close to what you paid (here, at least, which requires a Gold membership to do). PM2s are almost like currency. ;)

It's also a good knife for the tasks you describe, is within your budget, and is so popular that aftermarket bling -- if you decide to go that route -- is readily available.

I think you hit the nail on the head, thx

What are your thoughts on the PM2 vs manix 2 XL

Are the differences so minor it's just a matter of taste and hand fit?

I think you hit the nail on the head, thx

What are your thoughts on the PM2 vs manix 2 XL

Are the differences so minor it's just a matter of taste and hand fit?

I've never owned a Manix XL, but just on specs those are really different knives -- the XL is huge. From a "tradability" standpoint it's also much less popular, and there will be less aftermarket stuff (or steel options, etc.) for it.

I've never owned a Manix XL, but just on specs those are really different knives -- the XL is huge. From a "tradability" standpoint it's also much less popular, and there will be less aftermarket stuff (or steel options, etc.) for it.

Sounds right , I should start with a PM 2 and work my way from there .
thx again

Can’t really help you as I’ve never bought a knife with any thought to if I could trade it off in the future.

Get something you like and you won’t need to trade it. Use it and enjoy it.

Tomorrow I will receive my blacked out PM2. And my brass flytanium scales are coming next week. Its gonna be a beast but I love it. I will post once is set up. Thanks everyone for your help.
The problem is I'm already thinking of what is next......

Tomorrow I will receive my blacked out PM2. And my brass flytanium scales are coming next week. Its gonna be a beast but I love it. I will post once is set up. Thanks everyone for your help.
The problem is I'm already thinking of what is next......

You might want to actually use what you just bought first and see how you like it...

You might want to actually use what you just bought first and see how you like it...

Copy that . And considering I also just bought 2 miyabi kitchen knives and a Ken onion worksharp my girlfriend of 10 years will kill me if I dont take at least a month before adding to my small but growing collection.

Buy used, research previous sales for values. A lot of knives hold their value fairly well as long as they're not abused. I like that i can buy something, test it out for a month or 4 and then sell it. only lose a few bucks or break even and get something new to try.:thumbsup:

Back