1st high(ish) end knife

Florida,

The bugout is a great lightweight knife. The stock handle scales are ok and plenty strong. If you grow tired of them there are plenty of aftermarket scale options. Flytanium sells G10 replacements for only 40 bucks in several colors and is a nice upgrade. I like my bugout and its a fine choice but not something i would carry everyday personally. if you want something in a lightweight I would recommend a delica, endura, or manix 2 lightweight or even a para 3 lightweight. They all will come in less budget wise than a new bugout and are fantastic choices for a daily EDC while not being too heavy. Even after owning several higher end folders costing many times more i still carry all them bc they are just good and you cant go wrong with any of them. The endura and manix are my personal favorites. The manix ball bearing lock functions somewhat simlar to the bugout axis lock as well if you care about that aspect. A PM2 is a great option also if you wanna spend a little more. Cold steel also makes a lot of high value folders like the code 4 and American lawman that will handle plenty of abuse and are also under the bugout price. Honestly there is a staggering number of high quality knives available in today's market for $100 or so! Just depends what you plan to use it for and what features you value most.

I own the BM Bugout, and I can see why there are polarized views about this knife. On one hand, it's an ultralight weight knife, the vibrant blue color is attractive and does what a knife supposed to do well. On the other hand, because of its lightweight construction, it does have some flex in the handle and the thin profile handle may not be the most comfortable for harder use.

I think the decision will go back to OP, if you don't mind some of the minor cons, it is a pretty cool knife to use and carry.

Hello fellow knife folk,
The most I’ve ever spent on a knife is maybe 35 bucks, and I’ve decided to go for something more substantial and higher end. The bugout seems to get good reviews BUT I also see that it feels “cheap”. I like the knife but I’d really like to get a knife where I can feel the difference in hand. Would you guys say it’s worth it? Am I better off trying it out with the possibility of aftermarket handle or are there good alternatives to it?
Any advice/insight is greatly appreciated!

Why don’t you share a photo of a knife that you currently have and like, so we can point out similar knives that you may want to look into. It would also help if you could give us a budgeted price point for the new knife.

n2s

Man I highly recommend taking a look at the Hogue Deka. I was also thinking about getting a buyout until I found the Deka. Mine is coming in Monday. If your still contemplating ill give you my first impressions when it comes in. But the way I see it the Hogue is a land slide winner out of the two.

XMtAyo7.jpg
that is a very beautiful knife! with such color combinations!

Back