1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

1st they tell you one thing and then..( Or how the Smoke & Prayers along/with God )

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yvsa, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Guys 1st of all let me thank all of Y'all for all of the Prayers and Smoke!!!!:)

In spite of or despite (of) the fits of depression I suffer with there's been a Duesy of Health issues with me in the last few years that have added a great, great deal more misery to the already present depression that I have had since I was a youngen.
    The smoke and prayers along with God's help ( I don't use the term "God" much as people assume, well if you want to know about it e-mail me and I will elucidate further.:)) Anyway the above has brought me back better than new as the health issues I normally have to deal with physically are those odd and unheard of diseases that no one gets except me. (Again if you wanna know more about that then e-mail me again, as above.;)) This bout to the hospital was actually a really good thing, saved my life among other things. I could have very easily walked west this time around and for a while didn't care one way or another. And maybe now the tide is turning away from me.:) Here's why..........

The latest issues I have been dealing with lead me to believe that I was gonna have to get into Barb and mine's hard worked for retirement funds principle as insurance'es don't cover it.
    That was the biggest reason for the depresssion as I didn't know for sure the process would work and if it didn't the money would have been spent for naught. ( The secondary reason of it being, well I won't get into that.)
    Not a good thing at all!!!!

The smoke and prayers all of Y'all sent up along with God's Love has seen that I won't even need the treatment now!!!!
    YEP!!!! NOW AIN'T That the best News Ever???????!!!!!!!

For one thing the diagnosis was congestive heart failure. The good news and news that I nor Barb was aware of is that congestive heart failure is considered curable by our local hospital even if not anywhere else.
    Now this isn't and doesn't mean those who have had or need bypass surgery. That's a different animal altogether.
    Congestive heart failure is when the heart is weak and has no previous damage from heart attack where parts of the heart die from no blood present.
    My heart has only a three small arteries that are clogged. Yes, one is clogged for a goodly length at 80%, the other two small ones are blocked maybe 30-40%.
    The bottom line gang, rather than bore all of you with all my medical problems, is that along with a *full cut out*, as much as is possible of Sodium, along with a regimen of weight loss and exercise I can recover *Completely* from the disease. That doesn't mean I might not have episodes down the line if I don't take care of myself, but I know I can beat it.
    My other medical problems aren't so easy.

A couple of other decisions also became apparent after spending a few days in a hospital bed.
    I had a little trouble adjusting to a new mattress, which I have been trying to decide what to buy, but I woke up this morning better rested than in years!!!!!!!
    Barb and me stopped on the way home from the hospital and ordered a new mattress depending on what info I would call the gentleman back with.
    We will have our new special 8" hyperfoam mattress by next Tuesday!:)
    Now I have to go find myself a recliner. I have never owned one before as most are too big for me. Body mechanics, dayumed sure *Not* because I'm petite.:p :rolleyes: ;) :D

2. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Totally forgot about why I titled my post like that.:rolleyes:

For years and years I had it drummed into me that I was *supposed To* drink a whole lot of water. Well these later years I learned to do that and I drink probably about 4 times as much as the average person.
    I was also told that if you drank tons of water the body would not retain it, seems as if that ain't so either.
    Either way Now I gotta learn to quit doing that too!!!!:rolleyes:...... Why?...
    Well I'm not really so sure right now myself, but I will be the 1st to tell as soon as I learn it well enough to repeat it. What's a feller to do?:rolleyes:

Now I'm off to buy a recliner!!!!!!!!:p

3. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Welcome back! Thanks for sharing the great news. Now relax and get well; then get back here and tell us all about nurses and sponge baths.

n2s

4. Cuttin' Craig

Cuttin' Craig

Jun 9, 2001
    Great to have you back! It is an awesome thing to see God's hand move and things change for the better. And as you've said, Prayer does indeed WORK!

And as N2S said tell us all about the nurses and spongebaths! (Please no male nurse/ spongebath stories:eek: ):D :D ;)

Take care, bro

-Craig

5. CoalBlack

CoalBlack

Jan 24, 2002
    Good to hear that your doing better Yvsa! You've been missed around here!:)

6. MauiRob

MauiRob Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2000
    GREAT NEWS!!!

Sure is good to hear some good news from you Yvsa:)

I was getting pretty worried about you.

Take Care and enjoy that recliner
    :D

7. billpaxton

billpaxton

Feb 17, 2001
    :) Glad as hell to have you back in one piece sir!!! :)

"...along with a regimen of weight loss and exercise..." :D:D HeeHee

8. Rusty

Rusty Moderator Moderator

Mar 8, 1999
    Will send my thanks to whomever the "OCCUPANT" in charge up there ( or where-ever ) is.

9. Mike L.

Mike L.

Aug 19, 1999
    Prayers answered, and I am grateful.
    Good to have the Red Buffalo back at the Cantina.

--Mike L.

10. Stephen Hamilton

Stephen Hamilton

Aug 18, 2000
    Not smoke from Lookout Mountain, but several salty tears to know that you on the mend!

Stephen

11. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Prayers work. We are building a pretty decent record here on the forum. Is Somebody up there listening? I better watch myself!

Good news, Bro.

12. Don Rac

Don Rac

Oct 3, 2001
    Yvsa, It's great to know that you got alot better:)

13. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Yeah, I agree that's quite a hoot.;)

But nevertheless it's something I have to do, something I have *always* known how to do and *Now* that I am on a long term fluid restriction something I want and need to do in order to get *off* the restriction.{shrug}

Yeah guys & gals prayers and smoke do work!!!! and it matters not who made them nor to the God they were sent to that honored the prayers or smoke.
    If the world could understand that like most of us here understand that then these bloody damned wars could be put behind us and then we could fight about something really important.:)

Oil for instance.:rolleyes: :p

Yvsa, (only half joking.)

PS Just wanted to relay my thanks once again for everything guys and gals.

PSS The *water restriction* is 1,600 cc's in 24 hours or one day.:eek:
    Haven't figured that out in ounces as yet. I may run over today to help make up for the last 3 days that I was on only 600 cc's in 24 hours!!!!
    Now that was a dry run!!!!!!!

14. Outdoors

Outdoors

May 24, 2001
    Glad to have you back, Yvsa. I'm glad they were able to get you back on your feet (so you can keep us on our toes!). Keep pluggin' away at the weight loss and exercise. My doctor has the same mantra (but I'm only 36, so it's not a problem ... yet). It can even be fun.

I'd like to get your view on the great above etc, so you may get an email from me soon.

Pat

15. beoram

beoram

Nov 27, 2001
    That's fantastic news Yvsa!!!! :D :D

16. BruiseLeee

BruiseLeee

Sep 7, 2001
    :( I was always told water was good for you and the more the better. Didn't they recommend 6-8 glasses a day?

17. Rusty

Rusty Moderator Moderator

Mar 8, 1999
    One 12 oz. beer = 355 ml. Call it 4 ( x 12 is 48 oz )= 1400 ml + about 1/4 can more is 3 oz = about 51 or 52 ounces a day.

Put another way, 6 x 8oz cups of water = 48 oz + 1/2 cup = 52 ozs.

18. ACStudios

ACStudios

Apr 9, 2001
    Yvsa,

I am so glad to hear you are on the mend! Things got a little nervous around here for a bit.

I've got something to send you in the mail. ... so start looking for it sometime next week (I'll get it shipped tomorrow I hope).

Alan

19. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Calculated it to this here http://www.sciencemadesimple.net/cgi

1600 Milliliters or cc's equals 54.1024 Ounces (US, fluid)

Maybe it's about right, but I am still shocked to find out too much water can kill you.:eek:

20. John Powell

John Powell

Mar 9, 1999
    Well that's one the forum wrecks that is better for the experience. YVSA I am so glad to hear all your good news.

"To the wings of friendship, may they never lose a feather. To the hinges of love, may they never rust".